Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Some technical questions

Hello All,

I am very interested in this game. Currently I am awaiting the release of Vega from AMD. I will be building a new rig shortly. Because I will spend upwards of $4000 on everything (incl. Monitor) I wanted to ask a few questions.

Will this game suport Ultrawide Monitors?
Will it support 4K?
How about 4k HDR?

Also, I typically shy away from "Sandbox" games as I get confused when I have too much freedom, will this be an issue in AoC?

Thank you for any insight that you may be able to provide.

Comments

• Options
    Hi and welcome to the community.

We don't know much about the technical side of ashes yet bug I was able to scrape some information out.

"Will there be a large effort put into graphics optimization?"
    We will offer highly scalable options for users to adjust rendering particle effects etc.

Other than that is yet to be released but I suspect we will get something when we get close to the first alpha phase around Q4 of 2017.
    And about the "Sandbox" you can always set goals for yourself; every single node will have a story to tell but you can always settle down and focus everything on one node if you feel like the story of your character is too open.
  • Options
    [quote quote=6356]Will this game suport Ultrawide Monitors?
    Will it support 4K?
    How about 4k HDR?[/quote]

1) My bet is <strong>yes</strong>, by the time this game will be released, UW monitors will be current amongst gamers.
    2) A <strong>yes</strong> also, 4K seems to penetrating through, however 1920*1080 classic HD will be the main thing in the next 5 years at least.
    3) I would say <strong>no</strong>, but who knows how many $ they will be able to get from Kickstarter. Specific things like this are on the end of their development priority list by my understanding.

I guess you have to make friendship with the freedom thing. One way to interpret it, is that you have the freedom not to participate in any world / node events, or you can strictly focus to crafting, breeding, etc.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply's guys.