Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

4 SEASONS

Think it would be really cool if the 4 seasons they have announced for the space of 1 month if they changed it to real time meaning 4 seasons overy the space of 1 year as to 1 month just a idea.

Comments

• Options
    i agree that it would sound more realistic but the problem probably will be that different countries ahve different seasons to different times so you can't satisfy them all so the 1 month option doesn't leave anyone behind and you have the chance to explore the different seasons quicker
  • Options
    I think the problem with that is, Seasons are not just optical, they actually play a role in the gamemechanics, like farming crops and stuff, a real life time season is jsut too long.
  • Options
    I think sometimes realism has to be sacrificed in the name of gameplay. Having to wait months probably won't appeal to a lot of players, not to mention how the season affect the game. However, perhaps some kind of 'realistic' server could exist that does adhere to actual day/night and season cycles, as well as other more 'hardcore' rules. No idea if that's a possibility, but if the demand is high enough...maybe?
  • Options
    I like realistic approach but in that case, I think a lot of players can't wait for corn to grow for some months. Like Drokk said realism must be sacrificed in the name of gameplay. Developers should make a realistic testing server in near future just to try things like that. Plus I would be very happy to see that character can freeze to dead or dehydrated because of extreme temperatures?