Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

A few proposals

I'd like to propose a few things here and there since the game is still in very early development.

1) item degradation: instead of having the whole item disappear/be destroyed after X amount of uses it should be made repairable and would only break/lost after X amount of deaths. (you can expand on this however you like)

2) crafting system: judging from the YouTube videos about the game it's clear that the crafting system is going to be extremely intricate and branched. So I suggest that the crafting menu should be simple enough to be able to follow up on everything and not get lost mid-way. Also don't prioritize both gear crafting too heavily and make it accessible to virtually everyone with enough knowledge since again the game is going to be more focused about building up the cities and communities.

3) variations: i.e: dungeons, raids, large scale PvP,... etc. because people would mostly get bored of just building up a city and then have nothing else to do but defend it and capture other cities. That would quite literally be Clash of Clans turned into an MMO, so please try to avoid that by having more end game content.

4) game accessibility: making the game pay-to-win is never a good idea especially for the current state of MMOs, because most people complain about such things. Try to make your in-game real money shop revolve around ONLY aesthetics instead of crucial upgrades. If you want to make your game successful and have a decent community, just simply implement a subscription fee of some sort.

5) general: the only tip I can give about that for now is that you should try to have a fast paced combat system.

These are the notes I can give you based on my experience with MMOs, and what I've seen in the YouTube, I'll try to give more constructive feedback as time goes on. Good work by the way, I really love the idea of what you've got going on.

Comments

• Options
    1. It was already mentioned that there will be player based repair shops
    2. Steven said the game will be created the way so everyone can dow hat he wants to do noone is forced to craft if he rather does pvp etc.
    3. Was already introduced that there will be a lot of PVP check out the flag system and caravans etc.
    4. also already mentioned it won't be any pay to win you will pay a monthly fee of about 15 bucks and the ingame shop only holds fancy clothes etc without stats
    5. the combat system that is released in the pre alpha footage aint the finished product yet so don't worry

hope this clarifys things fast for you, actually nothing to worry about for you at all
  • Options
    So glad this game is going to be sub..... warms my heart
  • Options
    yeah the thought of notruining the game by stupid pay 2 win shit is the best thing about it in genereal u are 100% right
  • Options
    #1 Items should break and be replaced. When Players can buy items that never break it kills crafting for the entire game. Look at WOW and FFXIV for example. Players craft very early in the expansion because people need the gear. Then there is no need for crafting even when they come up with some new pieces of gear. Yea for a few weeks people buy the gear but people quickly realize unless they already have piles of gold its quicker and more efficient to run dungeons, or raids for gear. No Gear needs to break and be replaced.

<a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/item-decay-2/">My Post</a> Look at my post please.