Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Suggestions for the site and forum.

1. An actual, dedicated off-topic forum so that the Ashes stuff and off-topic stuff don't clash.

2. More stuff for the profiles? Like more character space for self-info. Maybe a profile section you can code and add youtube videos to?

Comments

• Options
    I agree on that. The forum is sometimes really buggy I know you will fix that soon. Maybe likes on the forum, for liking topics/comments? embedded videos from youtube maybe?
  • Options
    hi guys, just letting you know that the web-team is making some improvements and bug fixes to the site, hopefully we will see that soon :)
  • Options
    Hello,

Possible to add a function to edit/delete our topics (title/text) please :D

Thanks for you works team!
  • Options
    Thank you for letting us know, Shunex! Nice to know peeps are listening!
  • Options
    There was an edit button earlier, but it ate the edited forum posts usually.
  • Options
    Oh and... a private messaging feature would be nice as well here in the forum, just in case someone is not on Discord.
  • Options
    i 100% agree on everything the forum needs a big workover not only in in features also in style it just black and white without any design kinda boring and private messaging could also get a group message so you can hand out information amybe to your guild, maybe even allow guild creation in forums so you can organise through here already
  • Options
    I like to see a BACK TO TOP at the bottom of the forum page.
  • Options
    I would also like to know the date and time a forum topic was started besides the last poster.
  • Options
    Here's a crazy idea, how about a digital flipbook that gives a brief (or not brief) breakdown of the lore for the game? Something like that should definitely be embedded on the website. :)
  • Options
    Another feature I would like to see is when you come back to a forum topic it will take you to last unread post.
  • Options
    The only thing i would like to see regarding the forums/website is a simple <strong>timeline/Production Schedule Report</strong> just like in Star Citizen where you can check what feature of the game they are planning to implement and when.
  • Options
    I would love to have a new main topic on the forum front page where posts, replies and such from the developers are automatically copied to so we can easily browse official posts. This would make it a lot easier to stay up to date on what the developers are saying in the forum, without visiting every forum topic and hoping they replied to one of them at the moment you join in. Or just an easier way to view all developer posts in an organized and accessible way.
  • Options
    I don’t have much experience with forums so I don’t have many suggestions but it would certainly be helpful if they made it easier to find the new thread button. I have been struggling to find it and I feel other users may have the same problem.
  • Options
    would be nice to have an armoury feature. one of the biggest annoyances with a lot of mmo forums is that someone makes a statement or expresses an opinion, an you dont know if that person is the guild master of the number 1 guild on the game, or the casual noob who thinks he deserves everything the game has to offer simply for logging in. wow forums are a good example as you can see what they have accomplished in the game
  • Options
    I'd like to see a difference in icons between forums read, unread and replied to.

I love spending time in the forums, but often forget where I've been so to avoid going to the same thread multiple times could the icons change
  • Options
    The forum does seem buggy, I have not been able to post for weeks.
  • Options
    [quote quote=13883]I’d like to see a difference in icons between forums read, unread and replied to.

I love spending time in the forums, but often forget where I’ve been so to avoid going to the same thread multiple times could the icons change

[/quote]
    I second this. Kind of get lost now in all the threads lol.
  • Options
    [quote quote=13883]I’d like to see a difference in icons between forums read, unread and replied to.

I love spending time in the forums, but often forget where I’ve been so to avoid going to the same thread multiple times could the icons change

[/quote]

Ya it would be awesome if you guys would implement this.
    At the moment sometimes I'm reading the same post again because I forget that I already checked them.
  • Options
    I completely forgot this existed, and I'm glad because I posted this: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/forums-need-some-love/

Now you see, I searched for forum update related topics, and the search function is not useful as it gives you like 12 results our of X and you cant see the rest.

Anyway, hope it's addressed soon
  • Options
    Just being able to post would be good!
    I have not been able to post for two weeks or more.
  • Options
    I would like to see an armory where a player can check his potential but only visible to him for certain dungeons and raids. I hated gear score in WOW. It would be nice to have something that would list the difficulty of the dungeons to the player based on the typical red to green color system. Also something to prevent twinking. I know people who quit WOW because the moment they leveled to play WSG they became discouraged by the damn twinks.
  • Options
    <blockquote class="d4pbbc-quote"><div class="d4p-bbp-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/suggestions-for-the-site-and-forum/#post-6478">DragonPriestess wrote:</a></div>Suggestions for the site and forum.

Tagged: forum fix, Rivara</blockquote>

Hey Dragonpriestess,

Thanks for your feedback. We are working on new forums, which will be here next week.

Also, this isn't an announcement, so I moved out of the Announcement section and into General Discussion.

Thank you!