Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

PVP symbols

hello everyone, i would like to suggest pvp symbols based on ranking of monthly kills and/or total kills.
rank
1 top 1-3
2 top 4-9
3 top 10-19
4 top 21-50
5 top 49-100
each of the five ranks would have a different symbol next to their names.
let say you kill a player, all of your party will benefit from the kill so that priests and other non attacker units can also take part in the ranking.
i played quite a few games that use this system or something similar, and i think its a nice way to encourage players to pvp.
let me know what you think.

Comments

• Options
    i personally dont like clutter on the name plate above characters heads, however if you say put the symbols next to the targets health bar at the top of the screen (like some games do with elite/ boss mobs) that would be cool
  • Options
    I defiantly like ranking systems and having different emblems for different ranks it give you something else to work for. I think it would be kind of cool if it gave you an emblem to place on your armor/clothing as well for like a knight you could stick it on your shield for a archer you could stick it on the chest of your leather armor.
  • Options
    [quote quote=6563]i personally dont like clutter on the name plate above characters heads, however if you say put the symbols next to the targets health bar at the top of the screen (like some games do with elite/ boss mobs) that would be cool

[/quote]
    yup next to the targets health is the best position in my opinion.

[quote] I think it would be kind of cool if it gave you an emblem to place on your armor/clothing as well for like a knight you could stick it on your shield for a archer you could stick it on the chest of your leather armor.

[/quote]

great idea, customizable emblems on character could be very fun
  • Options
    I do hope there is nothing in the game that inspires people to grief/PvP just to kill people. I don't mind PvP in the right place, and if done right it can be fun. I'm worried the "blood thirsty" "zerg guilds" will be the deciders in a lot of things as they seam to be in most games that have open world PvP. I get disgusted with the zerg guilds that want nothing more than an open ended arena while the PvE players get left on the side lines. A lot of people can't put 16+ hours in the a game everyday just to stay competitive and/or just stay alive while trying to enjoy the areas of the game that interest them. I do like the risk of the caravans, due to it adding value to the items due to PvP aspects. I hope the developers can find a good balance and address issues that would be considered unfair/grieving. If there is truly a place for all, including small and large group, PvP and PvE are going to be a hard thing to balance.
  • Options
    If you're meaning something like putting stars beside or on top of a characters health bar my goodness that'll be such a rewarding feeling to carry something like that around all month. Although I do hope that it'll only count when attacking a combatant player and not non-combatants.