Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[QUESTION] Will we see server wide events?

Now before anybody goes and corrects me on this. By "Server Wide events," I mean events such as a disease outbreak that spreads by both PC and NPC. I don't mean an invasion of Snake-people with magical man-eating unicorns that fart leprechauns threatening a certain City/Node. I mean every node, no matter how big it is or how advanced, gets affected by this. I ask this because I recently remembered the Corrupted Blood Incident in WoW. I thought it was an incredibly cool idea to implemented in an MMO due to the fact that it would be so impartial, whereas a Dragon coming out of nowhere would be biased slightly more towards combat players (In which, I have no problem with,) but having something like a plague or a certain virus that affects different races in different ways would a very nice touch to any living world. Obviously, we would probably want certain safeguards to make sure nothing gets too out of hand, but giving players a certain measure of control of it.

Anyway, please take this with a grain or ten of salt. It obviously isn't a huge deal, just an idea.

Ciao!
RedNovember

Comments

• Options
    i personally would love to see something like this, i think a world wide epidemic would help tell the story of the world. :)
  • Options
    [quote quote=6547] I don’t mean an invasion of Snake-people with magical man-eating unicorns that fart leprechauns threatening a certain City/Node.

[/quote]

This idea isn't bad at all in my opinion sounds like a nice april 1st event :-)))
  • Options
    That is a good idea I think. Maybe developers should make diseases for all the races (something like flu and something even more contagious and dangerous) All this would always be a part of big open world in AoC, just on the different sides of the map. And if your character would get that diseases, your task would be to find a cure, but not like just going to NPC click two times and you are cured. I was thinking that game would give you some little hints and you would have to explore the world to find the cure a herb and then craft that herb to a special potion and there would be side effect too.

Furthermore, I was thinking of diseases that affect nature world around us in AoC like trees, our crops and even our animals that we have for breeding. Again there would be <strong>small diseases </strong>only on few farms or few trees and<strong> bigger diseases</strong> which would affect a lot of nature. To cure this again we would need to find some different things in the world which we must explore and there would be limited time to find the cure. If we wouldn't find the cure in time the disease would destroy affected nature.
  • Options
    This is a really cool idea. I'd love to see something like a plague hit a lot of players in certain areas/servers. I think this should be based on how you progress as a playerbase on the server, meaning when you've chosen to rank up a specific node, a possible illness would occur because of it.
  • Options
    Nice to see that it's something people think would be good. But can you imagine an outbreak within a Metropolis? PCs would be dropping like flies. Plus, if you figure any guilds dedicated to fighting disease, plus people who try and carry it, you'd get a seriously involved community. I'm not even going into the effect on the rest of the Node.
  • Options
    I think this is a brilliant idea... make it like a natural disaster in Sim City (Tornado, Meteor, The Plague, Alien(?) Invasion, etc...) that occurs in one node and then spreads to others. I love it - as long as it doesn't happen in a node I am spending time in :P
  • Options
    I think that if they where to do server wide events they could in fact have different "Problems or Diseases" Happen at each node but make them different from each other and have a Cure or a solution at other Nodes meaning that players will have to go and find what node has their cure, Putting aside any conflicts to save their friends and other guilds at there Home NODE.
  • Options
    Yes, natural disasters sound cool. It would require team work from everyone to prepare their home node for the catastrophe. Nodes without any preparing would take a hit in their exp and be slightly transformed e.g. in case of a flood some unprepared village level node would be populated with fish people or land octopi. Or a mountain node would suffer from avalanche blocking some old dungeons but revealing new ones in a different area. Perhaps an earthquake rips some land open revealing a nest of hellish demons. I could go on for ages :D

Another cool thing would be some server wide abomination where large cities and guilds would be required to collaborate e.g. an enemy fleet closing in on the horizon. Players could try to deflect the attack by forming barracks and building anti-naval artillery. If successful nothing bad would come to happen and perhaps some increased resources could be found from the sea shore but if failed the enemy fleet would disembark and take possession of some nodes near the shore and now players would've to fight them off.

Ok, maybe a bit arduous suggestions but I hope they give some direction :)