Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The refer-system doesnt work properly

Already got a good amount of visits on my referal and only 10% of them are registered.

I even spoke back to some people who registered with my referal but my referals didnt increase.

I might know why this can happen. When I show someone the website with my referal and they first check out the website (what seems common sense) the link loses it /ref part and there wont be any referal benefits back to me.

I know, more of the people I spoke to registered - but it still only 10%. But all they have in common a lot of those people first checked out the website and some content befor they register - and on their research they lost the /ref.

You can even check it out yourself - pop a ref link - check out website - go back to home for register - ref is gone.

May someone look into it? Thanks for your time <3

Comments

• Options
    Ktiz,

I will look into this and get back to you shortly. I appreciate the post.

Steven

PS Could you message me here or on discord the names usernames of some of your friends that registered with your link.
  • Options
    [quote quote=6993]the link loses it /ref part and there wont be any referal benefits back to me[/quote]

Theoretically if someone visits the site with your ref link, the site puts down a cookie to the visitors machine. If he / she closes the website or navigates to a subpage, and registers later, the site reads the cookie, and if there is a refer info, you will get the conversion still.

However it might happen, that this system is bugged, but I heard from the mods, that this works this way.
  • Options
    What normally happens is people visit the site previously and receive a cookie, then revisit the site some time later with a different referral link, and register. In that case the site gives this referral to the original link they visited with.
  • Options
    Oh false alarm - it seems like its working properly.

Thanks for the clearification.
  • Options
    I have a problem with referring too I gave referring to six people which I know they did an account and only three are showing on the Referral tab.
  • Options
    Give it time - thats what solved it for me. Now I got all the referrals i should know about :) - Maybe it only records when they validate their email.

Going to ask 2 other friends this weekend - I'll report back how fast they are shown on my referral tap.
  • Options
    For me 575 visits and 27 refferals. I dont know is it wrong but really weird since all visitors are mmorpg gamers.
  • Options
    It is true, that a registrant must validate their email before the system shows a conversion in your statistics.
  • Options
    You can always refer me to test it! *wink wink nudge nudge* ;D
  • Options
    I had this issue with friends. It appears Adblock/uBlock messes up the cookie being stored and used for the referral.

Using stock Internet Explorer worked.