Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cartography

2»

Comments

• Options
    It would be really interesting for there to be no information listed on the maps, you could have a map slot and only get maps of certain areas from maybe a bartender or something. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    They only way to make this work is to disable the ability to screenshot and stream from within the game. I think this may well be doable, but it presents a problem for streamers and such.

So I would suggest that the Non-live UI components that include configuration and trade screens are disable from sharing. The live action of the player moving around, exploring and fighting can still be captured.

This way utility information becomes a regulated and heavily controlled item, but the players adventures are not.
  • Options
    And suddenly, scouting becomes a viable if not necessary profession for aggressive guilds. Why participate in a war and risk your life when you can pretend to be a trader and walk into a city?
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Picture this, a new player just spawned into the world. They see in front of them a npc that tells them to head down the path and keep straight until they reach a sign post, to take a right and to travel onward until they reach a village.

Unrealistic, no one reads instructions.  People just spam left click and open their map directly xD.

Although I like the idea, I am afraid for those who have a terrible sense of orientation. They can already get lost WITH a map *cough* @Diura *cough*, I just can't imagine how it'll be without it... So it might be good to consider giving the map of the starting areas and explore the wilds/unknown ones. (Someone might have said this, I didn't read all the answers >.>)
  • Options
    Due to the concept of an ever changing environment due to player activity it seems that it would be an endless job.   I would like to see us have a map on which we can tack on pins that can be changed for locations.  Or add notes of our own.   We know mines will change locations.  Is it not possible harvesting areas will also change?  
  • Options
    Would be nice to be able to mark maps for parties/raids etc.  ARMA 3 has a similar idea and BDO people can ping the map.
  • Options
    Do we know if the Devs have mentioned anything previously about maps/map-making etc at all?
  • Options
    Not much has been mentioned about maps:
    Players can acquire the bounty hunter title through a quest available only to citizens of Military Stage 4 (Town) Node. Bounty hunters will be able to see corrupted players on their map. Corrupted players may kill BHs without acquiring additional corruption skills.