Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

If i'm a baddie...

If I and a group of friends choose to be outlaws, how would be our gameplay, and if i get a bountyhunter on me, and I'm with my fellow outlaws, would they be able to help me kill the hero?

(Sorry for my english, not from a english talking country.)

Comments

• Technically you could, but being corrupt will cause you to get exp debt and means you can drop your items easier, as the game is trying to stop PKing in general. Attacking and killing other PvP flagged people is a way to do this, but attacking non-PvP would cause issues which make it not worth doing.
  • I think you would be surprised what some people think is "worth doing", lol.
  • Hello and welcome to the community!

just another bit of info in being an outlaw, even if you guys are a group of players and have some good gear and higher level than others, most of the times you guys will probably die because due to killing players your status or abilities will be lowered each time you kill, so basically you won't even have enough power to kill players anymore.

Anyway why spoil the fun of people, just join in and have some fun :3
  • This is the one aspect of the game where myself and fellow gaming community members are hoping that the mechanics that are in place will keep the PKing in check.

If people want to flag up and PVP all day long...more power to them. But why pick on the people that want to only PVE?

I personally am looking forward to the community working together to build nodes and tear them down in sieges. :D
  • Ugh i used to hunt down Pkers in other games :) that was fun :)
  • This reminds me a lot of the old PK system in Ultima Online. Some enjoyed being red (PK/permanently flagged to be hunted without penalty). Not sure how I feel about the diminishing skills for the PKer, much as I hated them. But then again, how easy is it to lose your PK state?
  • I'm looking forward to this system in general.
  • I'm thinking there's a second question here. The OP may mean if him and his gang raid caravans together and lay siege to villages and towns. 

Of course they could help even then.
  • First rule of being an outlaw: Don't refer to yourself as a "baddie" :tongue:
  • Power corrupts but absolute power is a whole lot of fun 
  • Were are people getting all the details on the corruption system? I have checked the discord and all the Q&As and have not heard anyone mention that skill diminishes after each kill. I have been hearing a lot of different things on how the corruption system is going to actually work. I feel like people are spreading a lot of misinformation about the whole thing.

The only thing I have heard is that its going to be punishing, and the more you PK the more punishing it is. That could entail all sorts of mechanics not just the fact that skill diminishes. On one of the other threads someone stated that this corruption doesn't in fact effect your player unless you actually die in PvP, until then your in the clear. Now people are saying that is not the case.

I for one am not opposed to PKing, I feel that it is an important part of sandbox mmo's, while I don't personally care for doing it I feel that it should be in games and if your going to have a punishing system at least have content set aside for the player that chooses to go that route. AA has the pirate life, BDO has Valencia. You can't just allow the flagging mechanic and then tell us not to do it because it will ruin your whole expireence. I agree that going that route in the game should be a lot harder on you as in trying to get by, make money, craft, trade, etc. but there should still be content available. Allow someone to be a bandit and then banish them to the ocean, or the under realm, the only 2 places they could be without being killed by NPC guards waiting for the unsuspecting player or caravan to pass by to jump on. It should be noted that if your a green player and traveling to these areas this is something you need to watch out for. Put in a jail system that if a notorious player dies in PvP they will stand trial and have to do a certain amount of time in prison. Both AA and BDO have that in place and its very effective while also entertaining.  Anyways these are all just ideas/thoughts that could help with players that choose to PK and remain notorious.