Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] Make Quests player driven (at least partially)

While watching some videos about nodes and the caravans I was wondering how quests would be generated. As the node expands I guess more and more NPC shops will pop-up or at least grew in terms of quality (basic camp = basic weaponry - advanced town = advanced to masterful weaponry for example or in terms of food: basic camp = basic food - advanced town = luxury food or so).

And with that NPC's would also need more and different materials for producing the goods as well as players (crafters and combatants) also will need more, different and rarer materials than say two node levels below.

What I'd like to see first and most is that for example at the town's inn or so you can offer and take quests at a Quest Board or something from and for players.
So basically if I had to gather 50 wolf skins, they would actually go into an item a player will use and not into some random npc bag or something.
Caravans are already bigger delivery quests.
If players need help because they get ganked or need protection because they want to gather something they can hire bodyguards or on the other hand issue kill quests for bounty hunters to hunt down other players.

Another thing which would be cool is to link npc's to a quest chain like traditional mmos but add player generated demand to it. For example an alchemist sells all sorts of potions. When a certain amount of potions are sold out the alchemist issues a quest to gather all kind of herbs for quite some time to the players. After that the produces the items and sells them again. Rinse and repeat.

I know it is still way to early to actually say something about this but let me hear your opinion on that one. For one I guess it would add more things to do as a daily routine at some point (not that the game wouldn't already offer a good portion of things to do) and would also get rid of the classic "oi, adventurer. Please kill 50 wolfs like the 10000 players before you and get me some pelts" situation which I truly find so boring at this point.

Comments

• Options
    I see what you're saying and that would truly be amazing. Even better if players could set their own quests to collect things for them sort of thing.

I think the thing to do now is just sit and wait for more to be revealed about questing and see if some sort of implement of what you said is in the game. All we know is that the Devs want to create a fun questing experience that wont just be repetitive quests of "collect 15 wolf pelts" or something.