Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Weaponry/Pets/Mounts..

Let's talk about what kind of weapons, pets, mounts, accessories etc.. would you like to see in the game.
I personally would love to get an spear and shield combo as a tank. Some people prefer swords so making it possible to choose between the two would be nice. Ofc implementing such would take some time but hey we are still far from the release.
Capes and cloaks looks cool and the character without them looks kind of plain so I would really like to have those with plenty of colour/shape variety.
Somekind of beast/predator-like mounts would be awesome..

Comments

• Options
    I would like some glasses
  • Options
    Haha, Some long body cloak would be cool for gear, and to make it white, like my avatar's. Also in terms of weapon, I shall be playing mage/summoner or mage/cleric so some badass looking staffs would be cool. And for mount, my ideal mount would be an ethereal steed type mount, mixture of magic and horse.
  • Options
    I'm a fan of letting classes use most weapons and combinations, but granting different benefits either threw racial traits, class traits or talents. One game that had this but changed it was the old Vanilla wow, If i remember right Rogues had a talent system were you can specialize in a certain wep and get different benefits. If you wanted to be a Sword rogue you got a bonus for only wielding swords, Using daggers gave you benefits from ambushing enemies and dealing dmg from behind, Mace users had the ability to stun players for a small duration and then Fist weapon users had a 5% crit increase with fist weapons.

Talking about mounts i really like having easy to obtain mounts looking plane but then harder to get mounts looking cooler and cooler. I hate games were even the worst and easiest mount to obtain looks like the coolest mount in the world. I like to show off if iv worked hard to get something. and the rarer it is the cooler it should be
  • Options
    [quote quote=8173] I like to show off if iv worked hard to get something. and the rarer it is the cooler it should be

[/quote]

It should be exactly like this. Risk=Reward. More time put into the game should mean more you get out of it
  • Options
    I would use a GuildWars 2 kind of weapon system.

If you use a certain type of weapon you have skill that unlocks which you can switch to your liking (more then in the actual GW2) but I would also like to see weapon affecting those skill line as an example :

- Use a Fire imbue Bow and you'll gain fire bonus on weapon skill
    - Use a Lance rather then a sword with your shield and have the possibility to range taunt as you throw it

And also get specific weapon at end-game which simply change a skill for example if you get your hands on a dragon claw and you get a crafter to convert it into bow, you'll no longer shoot only one arrow with this skill but now you'll shoot like 5 of them in a rapid succession... stuff alike which only some specific weapon you create can make you do.

An powerfull spectre can drop this 2h imbue sword which allow you to switch your ultimate to an aoe weaked that stun everyone... stuff alike !
  • Options
    I would like to have some type of orb weapon for mage or cleric :)
  • Options
    I'd like to see some kind of physical ranged weapon that isn't either a bow or a crossbow. Something like a chain whip, or throwing axes. There are so many diverse weapons from ancient cultures they could include that would make the game far more interesting.
  • Options
    -Cute kitten and dog pets!
    -Guild Tabards with different designs like ones that go over your shoulder or hang from your hips or are on your chest.
    -Shuriken, Throwing Knives/axes, poisons and shadow magic for rogues.
    -Javelins, atahlahs, triskele (with it doubling as a melee shield) throwing weapons for rogues and warriors.
    -Mounts that can climb cliffs (slowly for balance I guess)
    -Traps and magical flares and such
  • Options
    [quote quote=8156]Let’s talk about what kind of weapons, pets, mounts, accessories etc.. would you like to see in the game.
    I personally would love to get an spear and shield combo as a tank. Some people prefer swords so making it possible to choose between the two would be nice.
    [/quote]

This reminded me so much of my Spearo (spear using Heroine) in DAoC. I loved her so much. People would pay to see my Furby do flips and a lot of mobs were resistant to slashing which most tanks dealt, but the piercing worked beautifully.
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of 2-handed weapons like greatswords or war hammers myself. I'd love to see this tiny dwarven character running around wielding a gigantic hammer 3 times their size and obliterating everything in their path along the way. I also like the idea of being able to switch around different weapon types, with each race providing different benefits for certain types of weapons.

As for mounts, I'd be happy simply riding around on a Very Large Turkey.
  • Options
    SPEARS please have some SPEARS. Halberds/polearms are nice but for the love of god lets get some spears.
  • Options
    Well sense I'm planing to play fighter/mage, I would love to see grestswords or axes with the twilight affect from guild wars 2. Also unique raid designs would be epic, like a dragon design from the dragon raid and so on so on.

For pets I would love to see something like the flying snitch ( Harry Potter/ D. Grey Man). Also dogs and cats would make good pets

Mount it's gotta be a black lion or a black/ red dragon
  • Options
    When it comes to anything that you obtain, be it mounts or gear i like to see a progression in appearance and performance. I see a lot of mmos where you start off looking like you've already been on an adventure and have already become a master in what your profession. I find this very boring. I think when you start off you need to be at rock bottom or little to none or average. As you progress you will see your appearance/gear and mounts become more intricate, telling other players of the feats of your adventure by just looking at them. Not only will you look good but you will feel good about what you have achieved. I think this is a crucial part of an mmo that is always miss judged. I remember playing wow before transmog system and when you saw a player with raid gear it meant something, not just some random or cosmetic look. it meant a feat of strength and a story about that individual.
  • Options
    I've always loved the cqc wuxia lancer combat style, and I wish mmo's would have this combat style. So if that is a possibility that would be my dream come true. But if that's not possible I would probably play some sort of singlehanded sword style, probably a spellsword or something similar.

But since they have stated that the crafting system will have a big impact on the end game content I do hope the player made gear will be the end game gear, and that it will allow players to make themselves unique with player made weapon and armor models or something similar.

I also like Sciffer2014 suggestion of having the rare materials that you use to create your items will give them special effects and possible new skills. This will make the player made weaponry top notch and make all the artisan classes even more important to the player base.
  • Options
    [quote quote=8156]Let’s talk about what kind of weapons, pets, mounts, accessories etc.. would you like to see in the game.
    I personally would love to get an spear and shield combo as a tank.
    [/quote]

I actually came here to post this as a desire for me!

I really love spears, moreso than swords or axes. My current character in D&D is a Ranger that uses a spear and shield and I'd LOVE to recreate him in Ashes of Creation!

So devs, please give us some spears! Both 1h and 2h! The spear/shield combo is very iconic and gets overlooked. I'd love to be able to pick a weapon type instead of my class JUST using the one associated with the class. I liked in EQ how you could be viable with multiple options.

So please oh please give me my spear and shield! :D.