Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Please consider SWG model for crafting

To this day, I believe that SWG had the best crafting/resoure system. The thrill of finding that elusive chemical with the right properties to make that top notch weapon...well for me, that is what it was all about. I had 4 accounts with large harv going and the exploring and placement was exciting.

I have heard that you have developers from SWG on payroll. Would love to see something like this in your game. The search for that elusive node of awesome quality material that operates on a random generator spawn node....nothing predictable....reward those who search and search.

Just saying.

Comments

• Options
    I 100% agree. Make sure there is Item Decay where item break.

The only thing I wouldnt have is extractors, I would put NPC labors in for that. Its a Fantasy game not a Sci Fi game :P
  • Options
    100% agree. I also agree with Helzbelz point.
  • Options
    It kind of is similar to the crafting system in SW:G. Here is Deathsproxy video on crafting. HE did make an error in the video so you should watch his follow up. In the follow up video you see that it is similar to SW:G. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cTYzZLnl40
  • Options
    Varying resource quality was such a great thing in SWG. Also having players harvest the energy needed to run their machines added an addition level of interaction. I met friends I still have to this day in SWG by getting into a selling war at the Tatooine bazaar over who had the best and cheapest wind energy.
  • Options
    [quote quote=9241]Varying resource quality was such a great thing in SWG. Also having players harvest the energy needed to run their machines added an addition level of interaction. I met friends I still have to this day in SWG by getting into a selling war at the Tatooine bazaar over who had the best and cheapest wind energy.

[/quote]

I had the best Rocket launchers on Wanderhome most times because I knew how the stats work together to get the most out of all the pieces. SWG is the best Crafting system ever. That includes Item Decay were items break.
  • Options
    Ah memories... every resource had properties (not every one had all of these, but... )

I would love to see this taken to the next level!

ER = Entangle Resistance (only found in gemstones) (not used for anything in the game)
    CR = Cold Resistance (found in minerals)
    CD = Conductivity (metals, a key stat in any electronics)
    DR = Decay Rate (almost everything)
    FL = Flavor (food)
    HR = Heat Resistance (minerals)
    MA = Malleability (usually minerals, but also plastics, wood, bone and hides)
    PE = Potential Energy (any energy source, including food)
    OQ = Overall Quality (a catch all category, all resources have an OQ stat)
    SR = Shock Resistance (minerals, plastics, wood, bone and hides)
    UT = Unit Toughness (minerals, plastics, wood, bone and hides)