Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How did you first find out about AoC

I'm interested how you guys found out about this new MMORPG Ashes of Creation. For me personally it was when i watched the video of theLazypeon about AoC.

What is your story?

Comments

• Options
    Mine was on some random website about MMO's in development. I think there is a very large number of people that came from Peons vid
  • Options
    I saw a post on 9gag once, visited the site and made an account. Totally forgot about the game until Peon made a video about it.
    And here I am!
  • Options
    To be honest I was searching YouTube and Google for upcoming MMORPGs and stumbled across this Gem of a project.
  • Options
    [quote quote=8801]I’m interested how you guys found out about this new MMORPG Ashes of Creation. For me personally it was when i watched the video of theLazypeon about AoC.

What is your story?

[/quote]
    Same for me, watched the theLazypeon this week and got hooked on the concept of this game!
  • Options
    Ha! Lazypeon got me all hot and bothered as well!

So many other MMO's have been pretty "meh" I hope this one delivers. It's been a long time coming!!
  • Options
    Seems like Lazypeon is a big name in the MMORPG community.
  • Options
    Rather than a big name, Peon makes regular videos about new MMOs he's tried out to get a first impression. A lot of players don't want him to play the games they like (at least the vocal ones) because he'll bring a whole load of fanboys with him.

Also, Bhan, you should check your signature. Whenever you post something somehwere, EVERYTHING after your post is italic, even the topic tags and recent topics and such. Looks weird xD
  • Options
    Friend randomly posted the link on my discord.... he did no research at all, but once i seen some youtube vidz i was sold
  • Options
    N Search of new beta or alpha ,omega and gamma keys lol. I have been on the prowl for a new game to sink my teeth into . I will only be around until the game hits full swing and I am off to the next one.
    I enjoy this part the most .
    The is the creative part that I enjoy along with the exploration>>
  • Options
    One guy on the overlord reddit told about it and I had to check it out, I loved the concept and here I am
  • Options
    Saw it mentioned on reddit and the unique nodes system sold me. I look forward in following AoC's developement. =]
  • Options
    i first discovered this game because the review of The Lazy Peon, ever since then i saw that this game would be a game that is worth waiting for, so that's why i am in this community :3
  • Options
    I found out about AoC by a streamer buddy of mine sending me a link in discord. I was hooked from the moment I came to the website.
  • Options
    Yep, LazyPeon's video hooked me. My older brother directed me to it. Hopefully it will look as good and even better than the pre-alpha footage. The environment and visuals is a big thing for me and games, and this is about the best of all my preferences.
  • Options
    Friend posted a video on Facebook about this game its funny because it was theLazypeon who uploaded it
    and I been researching this game since and honestly I hope this live up to the hype because I badly need a game to play lol
  • Options
    Wow, a lot of peon people. Well, I found the game through youtube when I was looking for a new MMO to play that are coming out this 2017. This was before Peon's video.
  • Options
    random google search for good game, I kinda decided, sign up let's see. then I saw peon's video and joined the hype train.
  • Options
    by speaking with other dev+ backers in the shroud of the avatar forums. I pledged in the kickstarter today. Glad I got in early before all the deals are gone :-)

Looks like a fascinating game. Just might turn into the game I hoped for when I backed sota...
  • Options
    I saw a random "best upcoming open world games!" of 2017 video that I let run on my TV as I fell asleep just a couple days ago (kickstarter was today). Ashes of Creation was the #1 or #2 game after what appeared to be mostly garbage for 20 minutes. It didn't explain much, it just showed that mage gameplay video and didn't mention anything about nodes or the player driven aspect. I was only mildly interested in the Mage being able to bridge a large gap with a spell by keeping momentum after jumping over the gap, and then later using the same spell to stall herself while falling and blocking debris. Really cool interaction that absolutely paled to what I found, though. I immediately pledged $80 for round 1 of CB access, btw lol. Beyond hyped. MMGA!
  • Options
    A friend got a new job and I harassed him about what he was working on. He just said an Independent Studio developing a new MMO. He told me nothing. Then the site went up and I checked out the info looked interesting. Went back to my life, then the Kickstarter hit today so I'm back and checking out all the work they've done in the last 5 months.. Getting pretty excited about it.. Time to spend some time Pre-planning. I've missed having an MMO to play.