Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Entertainer/ medic

Back in the glory days of MMOs we had a little game known as SWG it was a fine fun game and one of the things I loved was the fact that a player didn't have to be a warrior type and they still enjoyed the game. Two of those non combat roles were the entertainer and the medic. You could go into the cantina and get buffs pre run and post run go see the medic to fix you up restore your character and the player in those roles made experience and money for the work. A real player driven economy. Now I know we cannot have that exact thing but something similar I believe is doable.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. Oh btw I was a Wookie commando named Heww Lee in Pre CU If anyone remembers back then I'm trying to remember the server I think it was chalistra but honestly don't remember.

Twist

Comments

• Options
    [quote quote=8844]Back in the glory days of MMOs we had a little game known as SWG it was a fine fun game and one of the things I loved was the fact that a player didn’t have to be a warrior type and they still enjoyed the game. Two of those non combat roles were the entertainer and the medic. You could go into the cantina and get buffs pre run and post run go see the medic to fix you up restore your character and the player in those roles made experience and money for the work. A real player driven economy. Now I know we cannot have that exact thing but something similar I believe is doable.

Anyway let me know your thoughts. Oh btw I was a Wookie commando named Heww Lee in Pre CU If anyone remembers back then I’m trying to remember the server I think it was chalistra but honestly don’t remember.

Twist

I loved those aspects of SWG, particularly the entertainer :)
    I'm amazed other games (at least the ones I've played) haven't used similar systems. In the same vain as your suggesting, how about a system like Lord of the Rings online has, their music system is by far one of the best community driven systems I've seen in a game. I realize we're getting housing and such but I'm also really hoping we'll get more non combat type content like SWG and LoTRo has, if for no other reason than just to add more immersion and fun to the world of Ashes.

[/quote]