Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just stop and look up.

I would really like to see an amazing sky"box", especially at night. With some constellations hidden up there among the other stars or the Milky way.
It would definitely add a notch in the immersion factor. looking up at night could probably bring back some feelings from when we actually looked up at the stars in real life. (English (sry))
I think everyone(almost) would like it.

Comments

• Options
    I think that would be really cool. I'm already super excited about the seasons they're using to help add to the immersion. I'm going to need to get a better computer to play with I think.
  • Options
    I think having celestial events would be amazing like comets, metors, maybe UFO type sights and constellations. Even have a sky map somewhere or find ancient ones like Mayans.
  • Options
    Considering they have changing seasons and the amazing environment already previewed in the trailers, the art team is probably already working on it, just have a lot of work on their plate with getting more environments ready so they can start testing. I like the constellation idea, but what could make it even better is like the seasons, you change the position of the constellations as time goes by just like how the seasons change. Most mmo's have stagnant or slightly animated sky backgrounds, but with the Unreal Engine they will hopefully take a step further like they did with the seasons.
  • Options
    Same here with me. The closest the can get to full immersion, the better it will be. Just aesthetically pleasing
  • Options
    An actual revolving sky is one of things I like about EQ2, and it has 2 moons; one whole and one destroyed.
  • Options
    well the Unreal Engine 4 has already a nice built in system for something like that. I tried it out once and found it quite amazing what you can do with little effort as hobby so I expect them to really nail it when it comes to immersion in general.
  • Options
    Just think about it. Standing there fishing at night, starry sky reflection on the surface of the water. :D Would be cool.. I don't know the engine or if it could be executed.
  • Options
    I'd like to see constellations affect gameplay.

Like a class that wields star magic: one type of magic during the day because of the sun being the dominant star and a different type of magic at night based on constellations. The visual of being able to look up to the sky and see like cool rays of light rocket down from the sky into the hands of your character to use in magic or skills just looks amazing in my mind.

Or we all choose a constellation that provides a buff to our characters and at night these traits are boosted. Or maybe 3 of 12 constellations are visible per season, then as the season changes, so do the constellations. Cycling through all of them within a month. During that week, if your sign is in the sky you get a boost to your stats or certain dynamic quests are available only to you (you could share the quests of course). That would encourage guilds to not only make sure they have a good balance of classes, but also a good balance of star signs. If a guild requires that all members have the same star sign, you could have a crazy strong guild for one week, but weak the rest of the month. And that week might be the time you go raid other town nodes so you can build up your town. Or your guild could get a spread of star signs so that there's a relatively "constant" level of strength "year-round".

Or perhaps this is too much complexity to add to the already complex class system they are putting in place. @_@
  • Options
    This might open up an opportunity to have fortunetellers in game who will do horoscopes for players. :)
  • Options
    XD yah that feature would be awesome if it would be implemented, same with somewhat of a sky island where you can get cool but common things and see the view.
  • Options
    The skies of Destiny are amazing. I would really see them in a MMORPG.
  • Options
    A beautiful skybox would help with immersion, yes. I'd love to be travelling with some friends during the night and our path be lit by the moon/stars.
  • Options
    Just think how badass it'd be to not need a map at all in the game, and just find your way around using the sky and other parts of the environment for navigation. :o
    What I would really adore is constellations that aren't the same as real life; a sky that players can learn by looking at it. Nothing drags me back to the real world quite like looking up at a fantasy sky and seeing Orion or the dipper
  • Options
    This was actually an ancient way of telling time and longitude.
    Every lunar day the southing moon would cross a new set of stars, moving so many degrees along the star map.
    The degree position was predicatble at the same longitude.
    If you moved longitude though...the next southing moon would be in the wrong place against the stars.
    It would be shifted x degrees from the expected place.
    The difference was your shift in longitude.

Bah. No one cares now days. But such nostalgia makes me feel good :D
  • Options
    Moon Mages. Go look into Simutronics' Dragonrealms as a reference.

Probably would be my favorite class in any game I've ever played, as in terms of style and functionality.
    Based on what heavenly bodies are currently in the sky, your spells/skills/stats are affected accordingly.

Moonblades made of black, red or white lightfire. Moongates to transport(hopefully all of) you/friends to other locales, or "partially displacing" your enemy, which could be messy. Burning enemies with channeled beams of starlight from the sky like micro orbital strikes. Dinazen Olkar shadownooses, my personal favorite. And so much more. Would love to see something akin to this in another game like AoC
  • Options
    I think the devs did mention religion playing a part in class styles, so if you want a moon mage your probably going to have to get into a lunar religion of some kind which is pretty cool. I don't know if they have that religion planned or not though so if you want the class you should hop in the discord and tell one of the devs or, hold up, new post topic lol, I'm going to go start a religion forum wish me luck lol.