Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Intrigued about PVP

Hello everyone !!!

So yea, i was intrigued about the player versus player in this game, the whole PvE part seem really fabulous.
Not that i am not confident that PvP will be amazing aswell, i was just wondering about the open world part,
will it be similar to one of my favorite of all time PvP games, Ultima online ? Will their be a PK system like their
was in there or will it be totally different and nearly impossible to achieve being an outlaw reckless killer ?

Comments

• Options
    Greetings Simonizer and welcome to the AoC community!

In all honesty i'm more of a ECO focused player so hit me up if you need crafting gear and such! lol

Feel free to join the AoC Discord channel - https://discord.gg/tnb7Wvk - !

Also, just about everything known about AoC has been compiled into a google docs file, here's the link - https://docs.google.com/document/d/14luppZ3Ub8jmcw_aK65QWxYY4xa8qAo9zRfpYWBxOXE/edit#

Again, welcome to the AoC community it's a pleasure to meet you.
  • Options
    About Open World flagging, qutoing Sarumonin's faq from Discord:

<blockquote>What type of flagging system will be used for PvP in Ashes?
    There are three states that a player can find themselves in: Non-Combatant (Green), Combatant (Purple), and Corrupt (Red). Everyone is a Non-Combatant by default. If a Non-Combatant attacks a Combatant or another non-combatant, then they become a Combatant for a period of time. Similarly, if a Non-Combatant enters a PVP zone (which includes things like Castles, City Sieges and Caravans) they are automatically flagged a Combatant while in the zone, and for a period of time after leaving that zone.

Players can kill Combatants without repercussions, and are encouraged to do so, since dying while a Combatant means you suffer reduced death penalties. Where this changes is when a Combatant kills a Non-Combatant. In this case, the Combatant is Corrupt, and acquires a Corruption Score (which is accrued based on a number of different parameters, including the level differential of their freshly slain victim). This Corruption Score can be worked off with effort through a few mechanics, but the primary means of getting rid of it is through death.

While a player is marked as Corrupt, they may be attacked by both Combatants and Non-Combatants. If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant.</blockquote>
  • Options
    [quote quote=9212]About Open World flagging, qutoing Sarumonin’s faq from Discord:

<blockquote>What type of flagging system will be used for PvP in Ashes?
    There are three states that a player can find themselves in: Non-Combatant (Green), Combatant (Purple), and Corrupt (Red). Everyone is a Non-Combatant by default. If a Non-Combatant attacks a Combatant or another non-combatant, then they become a Combatant for a period of time. Similarly, if a Non-Combatant enters a PVP zone (which includes things like Castles, City Sieges and Caravans) they are automatically flagged a Combatant while in the zone, and for a period of time after leaving that zone.

Players can kill Combatants without repercussions, and are encouraged to do so, since dying while a Combatant means you suffer reduced death penalties. Where this changes is when a Combatant kills a Non-Combatant. In this case, the Combatant is Corrupt, and acquires a Corruption Score (which is accrued based on a number of different parameters, including the level differential of their freshly slain victim). This Corruption Score can be worked off with effort through a few mechanics, but the primary means of getting rid of it is through death.

While a player is marked as Corrupt, they may be attacked by both Combatants and Non-Combatants. If a non-combatant attacks a corrupt player, the non-combatant will not flag as a combatant.
    </blockquote>
    [/quote]

Thank you very much kind sir !
  • Options
    Welcome Simonizer! I'm happy to see such eager PVPers joining the community :D

I just wanted to add to what AeonAuron quoted Saru who quoted Steven that upon death a corrupted player will also be losing gear in addition to other death penalties like exp loss and lowered gear durability.

I'm sorry for my intrusion ^^'