Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Greetings folks!

Hey!

I found out about this from The Lazy Peon's YouTube channel and I've gotta say this game looks fucking amazing. I'm so excited for it I even added a forum pic lol (something I never do).

My name is Nathan, can call me Gimblewald or Gimble. I've been a long time player of MMORPGs, getting into Runescape in like 2004/5, then WoW, ESO and Rift are the big ones. Currently I'm playing WoW again but it feels rather lacking and I need a fresh new game with fresh new concepts. This game looks perfect for me; there's the sandboxy content, grinding, gathering, building a house (and I guess light RP?), the community-driven aspect of nodes, guilds to fight over nodes, and even the end-game raiding is here.

I never used to be, but over time I've gradually become quite a serious MMO player, and as such I'll probably be joining alpha to meet some guys who have the same interests. This seems like an MMO that you can enjoy at the solo/casual level, but on the flip-side, there's so much potential here for guild activity, and I'll be on the lookout for some serious guilds :)

PS: As you can probably tell, I like Dwarfs

Comments

• Options
    Greetings Gimblewald, and welcome to the AoC communtiy!

Dude.. RS from 04 - 08 was my SH*T!
    Although, once they removed the wild and added the G.E. I wasn't spending my usual 50+ hours a week online :/
    I swear it shaped my expectations of MMORPGs for life lol
    What build did you prefer? Skiller, Hybrid, etc...?
    Nowadays i find myself spending quite a bit of time playing Albion Online, it's a lot like OSRS.

Feel free to join the AoC Discord channel – https://discord.gg/RWDyX – !

Also, just about everything known about AoC has been compiled into a google docs file, here’s the link – https://docs.google.com/document/d/14luppZ3Ub8jmcw_aK65QWxYY4xa8qAo9zRfpYWBxOXE/edit#

Again, welcome to the AoC community it’s a pleasure to meet you!
  • Options
    Welcome Gimblewald ! Good to have you here with us. Yes more Dwarfs for the underkindom!
  • Options
    Hey guys, there's no post notifications or anything so I didn't really check this thread :P You might have already seen me around on the discord but thanks for the links!

Runescape definitely shaped mine too lol. I think it did a lot of things very right, even if it was grindy. Wildy was a fun place yeah haha!

I like a lot of builds in MMOs. Personally not much of a skiller because I like combat too much, but I do like professions that help me achieve my other goals pertaining to exploration and combat !

Dwarf Tank/Tank, or Summon/Summon sound really interesting lol. Or any combination of Mage, Summoner or Cleric. Cleric/Summoner sounds fun.