Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How will the Corruption system prevent corruption abuse(Karma bombers)

I haven't found an example of anyone talking about how players might abuse the corruption system in favor of the person getting attacked and griefing the person who may have been baited into PKing and becoming red. If you've played BDO you know what I'm talking about.

It's hard to explain but: Someone maybe camping a spot and stealing kills or some kind of resource so much that it forces someone to either leave or PK that person and then that person using the corruption system to grief the PKer even though the person not flagged is the one who's actually guilty of griefing by either harassing the other person or some other sort of unsporting behavior.

Comments

• The world is large and resources spawn randomly around a zone. These two factors help to make resource camping nonviable.
  • I dont see the corruption system just as a way to stop PKs on a mass scale but as a way to play a role in the game.
  • They have also mentioned "hunting grounds" potentially being pvp zones which ignore the flagging mechanic like caravans and sieges. Based off this, i would think that high value farm locations will be pvp zones so we shouldn't have an issue like we do at sausans in bdo. 
  • I dont think Karma bombers will be as much a problem as flag bombers.
  • lexmax said:
    The world is large and resources spawn randomly around a zone. These two factors help to make resource camping nonviable.
    It's interesting how you didn't use this logic to state "The world is large and players roam around randomly. These two factors help green players to avoid combat, so we don't need corruption to protect them. :)

Interestingly enough you use large world as argument to say griefing from opposite side is nothing to worry about.