Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

PK and bounty system.

I think it would be cool to set a bounty on a guy that pk you.  

It would work in a way that you pay some money to kill a target. Target upon death would lose 15% of his exp and money with also 7% chance to drop item he wears.

You would make an offer and you would pick from a list other player that would do the job. Ofcourse you should  be abble to inspect other player gear. If player would lose against pk player then pk player gets 80% of gold paid for bounty. You could bounty target only once after he PK you.

It would be also cool to have PK points for which you could buy unique mounts and armor shaders.

Comments

• It is always nice to wish for things. Like ponies. Here is what you are going to basically get with some minor tweaking.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Fvr9KYT104i8WYppCup1v6SUTZFJTobVz8uRHDas4YM/edit
  • Ohh Ohh I have a wish...

Lets have a system where you can pk, but the corruption you rack up has a ceiling...

And when you hit that ceiling you become a legend, town guards and city criers announcing a bounty on you all over the world.

And when you are finally brought down, you end up in jail for till noon the next day. Then your toon is frog marched out to the gallows and hung for all to see till dead.
    It could be a huge server spectacle. People logging in just to see those server famous rogues finally getting their comeuppance. 

At which point your toon is server deleted, you lose all you stuff, and get to start over again.

Wonder how many pk'ers and greifers would actually still do it if that was the eventual cost?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017

At which point your toon is server deleted, you lose all you stuff, and get to start over again.

Wonder how many pk'ers and greifers would actually still do it if that was the eventual cost?

@BlackCat75

That sounds ok, but only if every green player that dies while green gets server deleted at moment of his death.

Wonder how many care bears would actually still remain green if that was the eventual cost?
  • Gothix said:

@BlackCat75

That sounds ok, but only if every green player that dies while green gets server deleted at moment of his death.

Wonder how many care bears would actually still remain green if that was the eventual cost?
    lol we wouldn't, we would just not play. Not unless I get a real cool "Care Bear Stare" power that insta gibs reds.

Seriously though, While yes this is a game and not real life, hence why we play arguments. Most societies deal with murders rather harshly. As it should be.

If you choose to murder another player, and that is what pk is, then there should be a harsh penalty. The flip side of this is the chance to really shine by not only being a PK, but surviving as a PK.

You know those guys are really the bad asses, and while you may hate them you have to respect the skill it takes.

A game does not survive alone on either care bears or pvp'ers, it just doesn't. It takes both to make a truly successful game. The trick is balancing both sides and keeping both relatively happy.

Now for the most part I am a care bear, I'll be honest. But that is not to say I won't or can't pvp. I really got into pvp in AA, Tera, and Aion. I also didn't do to badly. I wasn't great but I didn't just get rick rolled either.  Hell, trade packs to the other continent was literally my favorite thing to do in AA. And I will put up with a tremendous amount of pvp for a game with a great housing system. And the caravan system with it's roaming pvp area sounds like a hell of a lot of fun.

But I will not play a game where every second I have to be watching over my shoulders. It just gets old fast.
  • BlackCat75 said:

But I will not play a game where every second I have to be watching over my shoulders. It just gets old fast.
    But in any game, you really should be looking over your shoulder. The world is dangerous. Even in RL you should be watching out for yourself, and not carelessly walking around.

If you are walking carelessly around the world, not paying attention, and then something happens to you, it's half your fault really.

Just sayin'. :)
  • Walking around without any danger gets old fast. Without PVP I have no interest in PVE. Actually I hope I don't have to PVE for 40 hrs/week just to PVP. I am hoping the risk/reward is equal for PVP rather than the punishment creates a duel mentality where PVP is by permission only. 
  • Yeah, I'd love to walk around knowing that anyone can attack me at any moment, and is likely to, because there is no awful punishment for him if he does.

Punishing corruption just kills that feeling of danger.
  • Gothix said:
    Yeah, I'd love to walk around knowing that anyone can attack me at any moment, and is likely to, because there is no awful punishment for him if he does.

Punishing corruption just kills that feeling of danger.

Totally understand where you're coming from, but remember that Intrepid will need to cater for the PvE crowd because like it or not, that's where the real money is in terms of player base. I'm not saying they should be able to run away from PvP but I am saying there's plenty who wouldn't try the game at all if the penalty of death was too harsh. Been playing MMOs since 1999 and I've never played one where the PvP crowd outweighed the PvE. (PvP only games excluded ofc.) 
  • Ohh Ohh I have a wish...

Lets have a system where you can pk, but the corruption you rack up has a ceiling...

And when you hit that ceiling you become a legend, town guards and city criers announcing a bounty on you all over the world.

And when you are finally brought down, you end up in jail for till noon the next day. Then your toon is frog marched out to the gallows and hung for all to see till dead.
    It could be a huge server spectacle. People logging in just to see those server famous rogues finally getting their comeuppance. 

I love this idea it adds some nice flavor... To PK or not to PK. That is the question...