Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What was the world like???

Does anyone know what Verra was like before the great exidus..

Was it a world full of magic, an industrial era, technologically advanced, or a combination of any...
   I would like to know at least some clues to what Verra was like prior to the "Proverbial deification impacted the rotory device" causing the great exidus...
    Any thoughts or ideas/desire to know among the community are welcome...chime in guys and gals...this could be fun...

Comments

• I am not much into lore, but based on what I know, Verra used to be a nice place full of like and hapiness. Then something or someone corrupted it.
  • It was a magical world full of many great races, but other than that we really don't know
  • High Fantasy magic.
    Pre-steampunk.
  • What we know will be vague because our story will begin by being part of the expedition returning to Verra to rediscover what was lost. 

From what I've gathered from content released so far we can guess that the world was once beautiful and highly civilised.

In addition to what @Zastro  said ~ 

SLADEBORNE: Used to be a really beautiful race “some time ago” but something caused their beauty to be inverted and turn into something else. They had a beautiful civilisation up in the clouds but came back down to “Verra” and can barely fly any more. They also may be responsible for the Caravans disappearing o.o…

I can see from this that even the corrupted creatures we will see in Verra were once civilised races with elegance.

In the last stream the Devs shares some artwork of "Empyrean" ruins and emphasised that the Empyrean race had very delicate details when it came to their architecture. This to me highlights the strong culture and sense of wealthy civilisation that must have existed ^^

So in my opinion Verra was a well civilised world, rich in culture, wealth and art etc.
    I remember Jeffery mentioning in a stream that corruption was "something undoing Creation" - therefore I believe civilisation became so rich in happiness and culture that somehow someone sought to corrupt it or its sheer nature caused the corruption to come :o

• A beautiful cultural  world filled with magic till someone planted a corruption seed. That seed  sprouted a corruption vine and it's tendrils  spread through out the world absorbing all that was once good.
  • Diura said:

So in my opinion Verra was a well civilised world, rich in culture, wealth and art etc.
    I remember Jeffery mentioning in a stream that corruption was "something undoing Creation" - therefore I believe civilisation became so rich in happiness and culture that somehow someone sought to corrupt it or its sheer nature caused the corruption to come :o
    Very insightful @Diura :love:

This theory is also backed up by some of the concept art and screenshots.

This appears to be a divine gateway opening in a city to allow Verrans to flee.

There are many screenshots of ancient ruins around Verra, hinting of a once great civilization.

• Man cant wait to start exploring :0
  • Fleelix said:
    Man cant wait to start exploring :0
    I can't wait for some of these awesome pics to be made into high rez wallpapers :)
  • Verra as it was known in the common tongue, was magical and full of beauty. Great empires peppered the landscape and their cities cultivated the world. 

Until the peace was halted and the corruption took its toll.