Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

questing system information request

Can anyone point me at knowledge on how the questing system will work and how procedural it is? 
I imagine it's economically based.  IE Arrows take iron, wood, and feathers, goblins have attacked the iron mine, the node is low on arrows, a quest gets generated to kill goblins at the mine.  I am hoping this is the case as it is the MMO I've dreamed of building forever, but one can only contain so much hype before they explode... and that's messy.

Comments

• Options

Ashes of Creation offers area quests, public quests, and quest chains that change dynamically and in real time based on the player’s experiences and choices.

Intrepid has stated their quests will be labeled something along the lines of: Events, Tasks, “Epic” quests
    The situation you gave an example of fits under the "Tasks" label as it was mentioned that the node itself will Create Tasks when it needs something and falls under "Node Objective Tasks."
    Additionally quests change the world of ashes, our choices impact the world. Some quests can only be done once by 1 individual and their choice forever leaves its mark on that server.
    Hope that answers your question!

• Options
    Awesome, thanks Alluring!  That 90% answers what I was hoping for, and the rest I guess I'll have to wait for beta.
  • Options
    You are very welcome, maybe you'll get the answers sooner! who knows.
  • Options
    To add 0,75% to the already answered 90%: We most likely won't have repeatable daily quests, as those usually become a chore you "have to" do daily.
  • Options
    FliP said:
    To add 0,75% to the already answered 90%: We most likely won't have repeatable daily quests, as those usually become a chore you "have to" do daily.
    You are correct,Tasks take the place of dailies in Ashes as they want to stay away from dailies since they feel it gives off a "grind" sensation.
    -Tasks will come and go in regional areas, will react to events in the world, so there will be plenty to do if we need the filler space.

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited October 2017

I believe @Alluring has done a great job in answering your initial query but the body of information regarding Ashes keeps growing and there's many great sources out there already. Here are some that you may like dip into:

Recent livestreams

Livestream archives

The Odyssey

Dungeon Crawler Network

Ashen Foundry

DeathsProxy videos

Informational posts on the forums

AoC Wiki

Enjoy :)