Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[EU] [PvPx] Styx [Arenas] [Battlegrounds]

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited October 2018 in European Guilds

Styx

Is a newly formed Guild with a lot of new faces but also gamers that we know from old communities, guilds and competitive teams. This guild is being led by experienced gamers with quite some accomplishments in gaming.

The Guild's focus mainly lies within PvP, but we will also do the rest on the sidetrack.
We offer a platform for Hardcore players as well as for more casual ones, since our guild will focus on Hardcore PvP but we also give the freedom of playing more casually.

@Fleelix @Stez  
Are the guild leaders together balancing the weaknesses out and enhancing our strengths . We think that our actual experience in competitive gaming and leading is what puts as ahead of community leaders, players that haven't played in the competitive scene and others.

⚔️Will to improve.
⚔️Teamplayer.
⚔️Determination.
⚔️Dedication.

Guild leaders resume

[World of Warcraft]
Grand Marshal (Rank 14): Trelaras - Genjuros.
Multiple challenger, rival, duelist top 1%.
Leading high rated PvP guild.
Target calling in top guilds.
RBG-Leading in top guilds.

[Skara]
Rank 1 Celea : Stez
Rank 1 Tamvaasa : Stez
Rank 1 Kharn : Stez
Rank 1 Shinse : Stez
Winner of the [Heroes Of The Rozsha Mountains] tournament.
Winner of the [A Path to the long North] lore event.

[League of Legends]
Top 0,1% EUW.

...and many minor gaming achievements.

[General]
+16 years of MMORPG experience.
+9 years of leading guilds and teams in multiple games.

Pre launch:
Getting to know each other.
Gathering intel about the game.
Playing other games.

On launch:
Reach max Lv.
Gear up. 
Start a node.

Post launch:
Climbing the competitive PvP ladder.
Battlegrounds
Take part in world events.
Completing raids and dungeons.

We have ranks for leaders in different aspects of the game/levels of leading, different player ranks, honor ranks and "hidden" ranks for special accomplishments. No friend ranks, if you want something, achieve it!

If you feel attracted by our goals and our overall concept. Feel free to join our discord and introduce yourself in the # introduction-channel, you can also apply for the guild at the #apply-for-ashes-of-creation tab, with the docx. document.
Discord

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2017
    Persronal note:

When it comes to guilds I always start it with the feeling of a family. Every guild that I made in the past was a bless. The general idea of ours is to be on the top of the charts and one of the top guild vs guild content.

NEWS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Daedelus said:

The Ashen Herald - Issue #8

Guild: Styx (Co-Leader: Stez)

Stez and his co-founder Felix are the dynamic duo behind the guild, Styx.  The guild's focus is primarily on player versus player combat and progression.  They are looking to recruit dedicated PvP players, however Stez is quick to point out that PvE progression is "necessary" to be able to be ranked as a top guild and ultimately claim one of the world castles.  While they are recruiting PvPers, Stez is aware players might wish to balance their playtime between the PvP and PvE.  "Players are of course allowed ot focus on their preference.  We will have groups for everything." He points out that Ashes feels like a game where all types of player will be needed - "the one thing [PvE] compliments the other [PvP].  PvP Players need to gear up etc, while caravans [for example] also need protection."  
        When asked about his recruitment strategy given the fact that PvP and PvE are so intertwined and if he would be open to the possibility of recruiting players that might only want to PvP casually, Stez was quick to respond that his guild would be happy to have hardcore and casuals alike with the aim to support all types of members and foster a community that encourages more experienced players to assist those that are new or unfamiliar with PvP gameplay.  Styx's first MMO as a guild will be Ashes and their plan is to bring in friends from other games in addition to recruiting from the current Ashes community.
        While Styx waits for Ashes, they are very keen on fostering social interaction through gaming to keep their guild members engaged.  Some of the games the guild plays at the moment are World of Warcraft, Player Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG), League of Legends, Overwatch, Skara and so on.  The reasoning behind gaming as a group is "high level PvP requires trust in your teammates" and in Stez's opinion it also a way to better understand your fellow teammates' playstyles.  
        Styx's guild hierarchy is based on a few things - mostly on what the player plans to do in game, tenure in the guild itself as well as previous gaming experience.  Stez says they will appoint different leaders for different areas of gameplay available in the game.  The goal being not to reward members just based on social status within the guild but for the experience and accomplishments related to furthering the guild ideals and goals.  They want to avoid "one sided" leadership but instead nurture fresh ideas and new perspectives.
    When asked about his leadership style and what makes him a good leader, Stez felt that he and his co-leader Felix compliment each other as a leadership team.  He thinks that as well as having a lot of previous experience in leadership roles in games is what sets them apart.  He also believes that Styx will foster "effective and progressive PvP," meaning that the guild will focus on helping out each other and wants to recruit like-minded players with a wide range of experience in gaming.  They feel their knowledge on how large scale PvP groups work will help them tie things all together.  Stez's leadership style is more personal in the sense that he really wants to get to know his members.  He wants to understand his recruit's background, goals in game and get them interacting with their fellow team members as soon as possible.  He does reiterate that his plan is to ensure that his guild focuses on helping members hone their skills through coaching versus telling them to well...git gud, scrub.  
        Stez wrapped up the interview with a shoutout to his fellow guild leader and friend Felix as well as his friend Pote for his guidance.  We wish Stez and Styx the best of luck and hope to see them in game in the future.  Thanks, Stez!

edited September 2017
    Welcome to AoC. Wish you the best of luck with your recruitment drive.
    edited September 2017
    Thank you @Shaze , sameway to you ;)
  • I wish you and your guild the best of luck, and I hope you do well 
  • nagash said:
    I wish you and your guild the best of luck, and I hope you do well 
    Thank you @nagash <3
  • Good luck in recruiting new fighters!
  • Finally a non zerg experienced pvp guild
  • Finally a non zerg experienced pvp guild
    We are not here to zerg yes ;) Only claim whats ours.
  • Fleelix said:
    Finally a non zerg experienced pvp guild
    get of my lawn you dam kids 
    edited October 2017
    nagash said:
    Fleelix said:
    Finally a non zerg experienced pvp guild
    get of my lawn you dam kids 
    Sorry youre the best lawn i've got. xD
    edited October 2017
    @Fleelix you know there are eight races in the game with each one having its own spawn point. Which one are you and your mates in the guild planning on choosing?
    edited October 2017
    Jamboiii said:
    @Fleelix you know there are eight races in the game with each one having its own spawn point. Which one are you and your mates in the guild planning on choosing?
    Hello @Jamboiii when the game launches you can create whatever race you want and choose your starting location ;) 

The location we choose is yet to be decided, we will make a decision in the late beta weeks before the game launches to discuss it with our community.
  • Enjoy hanging out w/ Fleelix :)
  • tugowar said:
    Enjoy hanging out w/ Fleelix :)
    Youre welcome :) Same way around.
  • Looks interesting and well dedicated.
  • Great Guild , Great company and community , amazing people , help alot , cooperative as much as they can , alot of assisting new people-members. Proud to be a member of Styx .
  • wow great looking logo Fleelix 
  • Cool as f Logo. :open_mouth:

edited October 2017
    We appreciate that the Logo I made seems to be finding acceptance :)

edited October 2017
    @Fooshyy @nagash
    What version do you like more?
  • I would say the silver one
  • I joined :smiley:  
  • RickB said:
    I joined :smiley:  
    Youre very welcome :)
  • I'm Arigilos Commander Shepard and this is my favorite guild in Ashes of Creation.
    edited December 2017
    Daedelus said:

The Ashen Herald - Issue #8

Guild: Styx (Co-Leader: Stez)

Stez and his co-founder Felix are the dynamic duo behind the guild, Styx.  The guild's focus is primarily on player versus player combat and progression.  They are looking to recruit dedicated PvP players, however Stez is quick to point out that PvE progression is "necessary" to be able to be ranked as a top guild and ultimately claim one of the world castles.  While they are recruiting PvPers, Stez is aware players might wish to balance their playtime between the PvP and PvE.  "Players are of course allowed ot focus on their preference.  We will have groups for everything." He points out that Ashes feels like a game where all types of player will be needed - "the one thing [PvE] compliments the other [PvP].  PvP Players need to gear up etc, while caravans [for example] also need protection."  
        When asked about his recruitment strategy given the fact that PvP and PvE are so intertwined and if he would be open to the possibility of recruiting players that might only want to PvP casually, Stez was quick to respond that his guild would be happy to have hardcore and casuals alike with the aim to support all types of members and foster a community that encourages more experienced players to assist those that are new or unfamiliar with PvP gameplay.  Styx's first MMO as a guild will be Ashes and their plan is to bring in friends from other games in addition to recruiting from the current Ashes community.
        While Styx waits for Ashes, they are very keen on fostering social interaction through gaming to keep their guild members engaged.  Some of the games the guild plays at the moment are World of Warcraft, Player Unknown Battlegrounds (PUBG), League of Legends, Overwatch, Skara and so on.  The reasoning behind gaming as a group is "high level PvP requires trust in your teammates" and in Stez's opinion it also a way to better understand your fellow teammates' playstyles.  
        Styx's guild hierarchy is based on a few things - mostly on what the player plans to do in game, tenure in the guild itself as well as previous gaming experience.  Stez says they will appoint different leaders for different areas of gameplay available in the game.  The goal being not to reward members just based on social status within the guild but for the experience and accomplishments related to furthering the guild ideals and goals.  They want to avoid "one sided" leadership but instead nurture fresh ideas and new perspectives.
    When asked about his leadership style and what makes him a good leader, Stez felt that he and his co-leader Felix compliment each other as a leadership team.  He thinks that as well as having a lot of previous experience in leadership roles in games is what sets them apart.  He also believes that Styx will foster "effective and progressive PvP," meaning that the guild will focus on helping out each other and wants to recruit like-minded players with a wide range of experience in gaming.  They feel their knowledge on how large scale PvP groups work will help them tie things all together.  Stez's leadership style is more personal in the sense that he really wants to get to know his members.  He wants to understand his recruit's background, goals in game and get them interacting with their fellow team members as soon as possible.  He does reiterate that his plan is to ensure that his guild focuses on helping members hone their skills through coaching versus telling them to well...git gud, scrub.  
        Stez wrapped up the interview with a shoutout to his fellow guild leader and friend Felix as well as his friend Pote for his guidance.  We wish Stez and Styx the best of luck and hope to see them in game in the future.  Thanks, Stez!

• Thnx for letting me join, hope to see everyone soon ingame
  • I am looking forward playing with this guild in AOC. Hi. I choose this guild because I think this is the most promising looking Hardcore PvP guild in the EU with  a skilled leadership, and I like the idea of being part of  a really good guild :D
  • good luck :blush: