Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Project: Community Plug

Greetings my fellow Community Members,

during the last couple days, i asked the community what sort of projects they could come up with. Well, the end result is the community plug.

PLUG

"informal
mention (a product, event, or establishment) publicly in order to promote it.
"during the show, he plugged his new record"
synonyms:    publicize, promote, give publicity to, advertise, mention, give a mention too, write up, build up, beat/bang the drum for, commend, draw attention to"

So the idea is to record 1 on 1 short interviews with community members, this way you can tell your fellow members where you coming from and what you're looking forward to the most in Ashes of Creation.

Depending on how it goes we might end up doing weekly interviews, but as of now, we are still working on the format.  The first couple interviews are going to be test runs to make sure the format works and so on.

Sincerely

BCG

Comments

• Greetings my fellow Community Members,

as most of you know I am hosting the "Community Podcast" every 2 weeks, where different community members get a chance to voice the opinions and thoughts.

And now I would like to ask the community what other sort of projects they would like to see. because I am looking to do another small to mid-sized project. So if you have any ideas hit me up on Discord or just post it here.

Sincerely

Giant

• @BCGiant Question, do you have any past posts to link to for reference? Was down for about 4 months with depression, but I am the creative type that likes to do these random projects and critique. Also, hey there!
  • Duninn said:
    @BCGiant Question, do you have any past posts to link to for reference? Was down for about 4 months with depression, but I am the creative type that likes to do these random projects and critique. Also, hey there!

Right here : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7NaobCqU4qfF1RiIxNt8aA

• You could do a recap and analysis of Intrepids streams. Kinda condense all of the information into something quicker and more accessible. Something someone who hasn't been following Ashes can watch to get all the little bits of information they would have missed. I'm not sure what kinda format you would use but I'm sure you could make it work.

• Elder said:
    You could do a recap and analysis of Intrepids streams. Kinda condense all of the information into something quicker and more accessible. Something someone who hasn't been following Ashes can watch to get all the little bits of information they would have missed. I'm not sure what kinda format you would use but I'm sure you could make it work.
    I could do that for my own youtube channel if i ever find the motivation. I was thinking of maybe something like "Community Hangouts Once a month or so"
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    Could do something were you talk about past MMOs. Maybe do one MMO each month where you bring on people who played the game. Discuss what people liked/disliked about the game, what the game did well, and what it did not so well.

If i recall correctly, Steven's favorite MMOs were less known ones like Lineage and Aion. It could help the community a little to understand where some of the design decision might be coming from.
  • Could do something were you talk about past MMOs. Maybe do one MMO each month where you bring on people who played the game. Discuss what people liked/disliked about the game, what the game did well, and what it did not so well.

If i recall correctly, Steven's favorite MMOs were less known ones like Lineage and Aion. It could help the community a little to understand where some of the design decision might be coming from.
    Thats something we could look into.
  • What about a Community member Interview each week someone different?!

• It would be nice to know more about some the people. It can be hard understand where people are coming from. 

Maybe you could do some of them as group interviews to get through people faster and help those who don't talk as much.
  • It would be nice to know more about some the people. It can be hard understand where people are coming from. 

Maybe you could do some of them as group interviews to get through people faster and help those who don't talk as much.
    i kinda like that idea, i will look more into it :)
  • Great ideas BCG, I love the community coming together and creating projects such as these just out of sheer passion for the game. You guys rock! <3
  • Sarumonin said:
    Great ideas BCG, I love the community coming together and creating projects such as these just out of sheer passion for the game. You guys rock!

Feel free to steal some ideas XD
  • I just came here to say that I think you're an awesome german dude
  • I just came here to say that I think you're an awesome german dude
    Now i am turning red, well thank you :)
  • BCGiant said:
    What about a Community member Interview each week someone different?!

Definitely a neat idea!  I'd enjoy listening to the interviews.  Would be very neat to learn about the walks of life that the community members come from.
  • BCGiant said:
    What about a Community member Interview each week someone different?!

Definitely a neat idea!  I'd enjoy listening to the interviews.  Would be very neat to learn about the walks of life that the community members come from.
    I am really liking it, now i have to figure out the format :(
  • Ashes of Creation Communit Plug? how is that as a title?
  • I am for all the ideas I've read so far. Either way, keeping the hype train and community involvement going won't hurt. 
  • makinoji said:
    I am for all the ideas I've read so far. Either way, keeping the hype train and community involvement going won't hurt. 
    agree
  • Ashes of Creation Community Plug sounds cool @BCGiant. You could have a focus on the game ofc, but also allow folks who are happy to do so to talk about themselves, interests etc so we get to know the person behind the avatar a little better. It can be so interesting learning about people's backgrounds, but that could just be being nosy. :p  
  • Ashes of Creation Community Plug incomming :P haha now i need someone to make me an Intro o.O

• Here it is. Yellow is community, red is the podcast. The community got plugged in.

• FliP said:
    Here it is. Yellow is community, red is the podcast. The community got plugged in.

haha thought about something a bit more animated :pensive:
  • Well the Community Plug it is :P working on the Logo thanks for the help guys :)
  • BCGiant said:
    Well the Community Plug it is :P working on the Logo thanks for the help guys :)
    Anything special you have in mind?
  • BCGiant said:
    Well the Community Plug it is :P working on the Logo thanks for the help guys :)
    Anything special you have in mind?
    Well the idea for the format is it now to do quick and short interviews with as many community members as possible, pretty much the community podcast  just on a smaller 1 on 1 scale.

• If you want to do an interview just leave me an dm on the forums or on discord "🦃TheBigCheekedGiant🦃#3548"

• Good luck with this BCGiant and thanks in advance for all the hard work :)
  • could you discuss what nodes and areas would be the most strategic and weather consumables/food/elixir  sell more then swords/Armour 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited November 2017
    or maybe something for us EU  folk  talking to US  might bring the US and EU  folk together