Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Nameplate design of monsters needs improving

The environment shown in the latest livestream is amazing!
One thing I noticed that takes away from that experience is the nameplates of the mobs, giant red text everywhere.
I hope they will have a more fitting design later on, and remove it sticking out like a sore thumb in the otherwise gorgeous environment.

(I'm also a bit worried that the mob density is too high, but that's another discussion)

Comments

• If you watched the Livestream I'm sure you know how many times Steven stated the current User Interface is temporary and minimalistic. 

It's Alpha Zero, they're not worried about making it look pretty. 
  • This is the first pass over for all these things, the gameplay/mechanics/UI/gameworld will change significantly over the course of development. We have 2 years of changes to look forward to.
  • I really need 2 see more combat gameplay thats what ive seen the least of. Everything else looking amazing stunning tho.
  • I for one am a huge UI snob. Once it gets to a more stable UI that they plan to use(I assume around alpha 2 and to a lesser extent alpha 1) that's when people need to be very vocal about customization options and suggestions. A bad UI can really kill a game experience for me. 
  • Yeah I know it's very early in development and most is still in the air, I didn't expect it to be finalized! I just wanted to comment on it early so they get feedback early :smile:
    Looking forward to more livestreams! And later alphas when I'll be able to join too!
  • This is out there in the public domain so can be commented on but I agree the name plates/ health bars were somewhat over the top and did kind of spoil things somewhat. Having said that before anyone jumps down my throat I know its early days and its pretty much all placeholder at this point, but it would be nice to have no name plates/ health bars unless you are in combat/ agro with the mob. I think it would help with immersion if you had to take more care with where and how you moved around with mobs not being so obvious.

Many changes will come in time but feedback is feedback just be constructive good and bad, even though it is very early days.
  • Asthetically there's is work to be done, of course. but that's not what they are testing. they are testing for bugs in the operation. I don't really know much, but I think they can improve graphics after most debugging is done.
  • Varkun said:
    This is out there in the public domain so can be commented on but I agree the name plates/ health bars were somewhat over the top and did kind of spoil things somewhat. Having said that before anyone jumps down my throat I know its early days and its pretty much all placeholder at this point, but it would be nice to have no name plates/ health bars unless you are in combat/ agro with the mob. I think it would help with immersion if you had to take more care with where and how you moved around with mobs not being so obvious.

Many changes will come in time but feedback is feedback just be constructive good and bad, even though it is very early days.
    I honestly don't follow the Development too closely currently, but, are you referencing a recent stream or video?
  • I thought the same thing but figured they were like that specifically for testing, so you could see and identify everything. Nothing to worry about.

Quite a few things I didn't particularly like (spell animations) but i figured they will all be ironed out over two years.
  • Vortigern said:
    Varkun said:
    This is out there in the public domain so can be commented on but I agree the name plates/ health bars were somewhat over the top and did kind of spoil things somewhat. Having said that before anyone jumps down my throat I know its early days and its pretty much all placeholder at this point, but it would be nice to have no name plates/ health bars unless you are in combat/ agro with the mob. I think it would help with immersion if you had to take more care with where and how you moved around with mobs not being so obvious.

I honestly don't follow the Development too closely currently, but, are you referencing a recent stream or video?

Yes the stream on Friday, where they ran around in the alpha0 test area, so this is nothing that hasn't been put out there for all to see.
  • Varkun said:
    Vortigern said:
    Varkun said:

Yes the stream on Friday, where they ran around in the alpha0 test area, so this is nothing that hasn't been put out there for all to see.
    I found it, I agree with what you said. But the UI is hopefully still a placeholder.