Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Disappearing Threads & Posts

Since i cant find a tech help / bug reporting section forgive me for posting this here. That said i have a rather large issue with the forum right now. In short it keeps eating my posts and threads. Took five tries to get it to post my guild recruitment thread. Then if i tried to edit it, it simple stoped existing.

There does not seem to be any thing i can do to get it back either. When i load this <a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/na-the-federation-of-tradesmen-recruitingrppvepvpcraft/">page</a>, You can see all the other posts but the OP is missing. By virtue of this it removes the thread from the forum as well.

Since this is about the 7th time i have run in to this issue, i figure it not a one off problem but some thing much larger. Can any one offer any help or support on this?

Thanks!

Comments

• I tryed to make a post to took me 10 times in the evening and still didnt work. Next morning I tryed agian and it worked.

Probbaly wont work cause high traffic at these times.

I would recommond to try it in some hours or the next morning.
  • [quote quote=10883]I tryed to make a post to took me 10 times in the evening and still didnt work. Next morning I tryed agian and it worked.

Probbaly wont work cause high traffic at these times.

I would recommond to try it in some hours or the next morning.

[/quote]

Aye not such a bad thing if its your first post when starting a thread. In this case i just lost an established thread because when i edited the OP it decided to do a disappearing act, mean every one elses posts are now gone as well.

This is a critical issue that needs addressing by the IT staff. As a forum that randomly loses stuff is not very useful, also bad for the blood pressure. lol
  • Have you tried to post with another browser?
    Perhaps there is a java update or windows updates that needs to be installed. It's a long shot but some service packs could not be installed on your pc
  • [quote quote=10899]Have you tried to post with another browser?
    Perhaps there is a java update or windows updates that needs to be installed. It’s a long shot but some service packs could not be installed on your pc

[/quote]

I have tried using Chrome & IE with the same results. Worse part is now that the thread is gone, and all posts seemingly lose to the ether i have no choice to rebuild fresh. I was hoping one of the admin might be able to pull it back, but my hopes are not high. This thread is mostly a warning to others and a bug report of sorts.
  • Also it seems i am not going to be able to rebuild right now. The forum keeps saying i am making a duplicate entry. *sighs*
  • Have you tried to post with another pc or cellphone? maybe it's some cookies that blocks it.
  • [quote quote=10901]Also it seems i am not going to be able to rebuild right now. The forum keeps saying i am making a duplicate entry. *sighs*

[/quote]

I saw your post for the FT before I came to this one. I wanted to establish some form of communication with you and discuss the future of AoC. Your ideas align moderately well with mine and there's much we could sculpt if we get established early on.
  • Hey there,

I'm sorry your threads got deleted. Steven already mentioned that they're going to create a completely new forum because they know about these issues. However, I guess at the moment they are all busy with preparing the Kickstarter. We'll just have to wait it out, but I'm sure this is something Intrepid wants to be solved as soon as possible.
  • [quote quote=11143]<blockquote>
    <div class="d4p-bbt-quote-title"><a href="https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/disappearing-threads-posts/#post-10901" rel="nofollow">TCromwell wrote:</a></div>
    Also it seems i am not going to be able to rebuild right now. The forum keeps saying i am making a duplicate entry. *sighs*

</blockquote>
    I saw your post for the FT before I came to this one. I wanted to establish some form of communication with you and discuss the future of AoC. Your ideas align moderately well with mine and there’s much we could sculpt if we get established early on.

[/quote]

I have manged to get a new thread up and running. So feel free to stop in there if you wish. You can also join us on discord or the guild website. We are all ways happy to talk any one interested or looking for more information!

New Thread: https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/topic/the-tof-rp-pve-pvp-craft/
    Discord: https://discord.gg/Z3f4wEr
    Guild Website: http://www.the-federation-of-tradesmen.guildlaunch.com
  • I've been running some tests and it appears to be linked with the length of the post. If the post is short enough to not need a scroll bar in the editing screen, then the post will be edited without a problem. Also, if you have a post that is originally under the scroll bar length and you then add to it so that it needs a scroll bar, it will edit without a problem. However, if the post is long enough that a scroll bar is required during the editing screen, then even if you don't actually edit the post itself (i.e. you click "edit" and then "submit" without changing anything) the post will be deleted.

I have managed to recreate this bug on both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer multiple times. Hopefully whoever is in charge of the website will see this and be able to fix it. In the meantime, it is probably better to keep posts small enough that they don't require a scroll bar during the edit screen.
  • I would also add that adding tags after the OP was all ready made will delete it as well.
  • [quote quote=12003]I would also add that adding tags after the OP was all ready made will delete it as well.

[/quote]

Really? Is that regardless of the post length? I've sent a message to the Discord mods to pass onto Yaviey, who will hopefully pass this onto the IT guys to get this sorted.
  • I have had it happen with both short and long posts. My original OP thread for the guild would not post until i stopped adding tags. Furthermore any time i tried to add them after the fact it deleted. I have not tested as heavily as you but it does seem to happen.
  • It's happening to me right meow! I'm trying to post a thread, but once I click Submit, it just takes me back to the Thread Postings page and my new thread disappears.
  • This site/forum was only meant as a temporarily placeholder while the dev's create a new website.
    It's not meant to handle the increasing load as this game gets more publicity.
  • Hi all, please contact us via community@intrepidstudios.com or contact one of our moderators for assistance if your thread or post disappears. This is a known issue with our forums and we greatly apologize for the inconvenience.

We will have new forums incoming next week, though. We believe that this issue will be resolved then.

Additionally, I have moved this forum out of Announcements and into Technical Support, because it's more on topic there.
This discussion has been closed.