Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Node Type changing upon de-leveling and re-leveling

Let say a Node is in key strategic position.  You level it to 3 and you find it Divine and you were hoping for Economic.  Can you de-level the node and when you re-level it, is there a chance of it going Economic or is it locked as Divine??
Summer

Comments

• If I remember right in earlier live streams the node type is predetermined. While the appearance my be different based on dominant races. 
  • yea, according to what we know, node type is predetermined and becomes apparent at stage 1. You shouldn't be spending that much time developing a node only to find out it's not the type you wanted. 

http://www.aocwiki.net/Nodes
  • Do we know how many nodes we are going to get? 

I know we can only have 5 metropolis at anytime. But how many of each node type do we get?
  • Gonna be interesting to see node balancing between the various types of nodes.

If they are not balanced properly to see if certain nodes types are more prevalent.

• Pinkberry said:
    Do we know how many nodes we are going to get? 

I know we can only have 5 metropolis at anytime. But how many of each node type do we get?
    Its pure speculation at this point. But each castle is surrounded by 3 military nodes (confirmed). If they are the size of regular nodes or smaller than normal, not confirmed. That is 15 military nodes right off the bat. Since they can only ever achieve level 4, other regular military nodes would have to exist also. Extrapolate from that for a system that contains overland, underrealm,(confirmed), and underwater nodes (unconfirmed), that needs to show how a node reaching level 6 is impacting the nodes around if from meaningful development, and I figure it has to be at least 60-100 nodes. If they keep them the same approximate size as what we have seen from the Alpha 0 stream, then if it going to be huge. Once again. Pure speculation.