Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A lot of skepticism

Greetings from Bliss,

Guess I will create this thread instead of lurking as I am unsure if this is a requirement to post on the forum.

A little about me, I didn't get into mmo's until 2008 July and I have been playing them on and off until now. I played Age of Conan (pvp only), Maplestory (don't ask), Secret World, Rift, Defiance, Eve Online (2008), City of Heroes/Villains, D.C Universe, Champions Online (before the buyout), and a unique mmo Rise of Nations (alpha-beta). With me currently playing only Eve Online right now as there is a very few mmo's that aren't theme parks and broken systems.  I am looking forward to Crowfall or Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and maybe Chronicles of Elyria.

A friend referred me and I have spoken to many coworkers about the game (which I am the only one watching this closely). Currently devoured most of the info of what is supposedly going to be released and will stay active in the forums. Hopefully this game doesn't end up like all the other previous titles that promised so much and under delivered. I look forward to engaging with the community and playing devil's advocate.

Comments

• Tomoyuki said:
    Greetings from Bliss,

Guess I will create this thread instead of lurking as I am unsure if this is a requirement to post on the forum.

A little about me, I didn't get into mmo's until 2008 July and I have been playing them on and off until now. I played Age of Conan (pvp only), Maplestory (don't ask), Secret World, Rift, Defiance, Eve Online (2008), City of Heroes/Villains, D.C Universe, Champions Online (before the buyout), and a unique mmo Rise of Nations (alpha-beta). With me currently playing only Eve Online right now as there is a very few mmo's that aren't theme parks and broken systems.  I am looking forward to Crowfall or Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, and maybe Chronicles of Elyria.

A friend referred me and I have spoken to many coworkers about the game (which I am the only one watching this closely). Currently devoured most of the info of what is supposedly going to be released and will stay active in the forums. Hopefully this game doesn't end up like all the other previous titles that promised so much and under delivered. I look forward to engaging with the community and playing devil's advocate.

It is good to be skeptical  means you won't be disappointed if something happens. But considering the people working on this game if this game was to fail the whole genre is dead simply this game needs to succeed in order for a new bar to be set for the mmo rpg quailty. Personally I think every other kick starter mmorpg will fail based on how they handling has been.
  • Healthy skepticism is always good, welcome to the forums, may this be the game we are all waiting for!
  • Malgus said:
    It is good to be skeptical  means you won't be disappointed if something happens. But considering the people working on this game if this game was to fail the whole genre is dead simply this game needs to succeed in order for a new bar to be set for the mmo rpg quailty. Personally I think every other kick starter mmorpg will fail based on how they handling has been.
    Well from my past experience in the last 10 years there will always be another contender that will take up the challenge. There seems to be no shortage of people claiming that they want to change the genre.

• Welcome aboard, unhealthy level of skepticism is always appreciated
  • Xombie said:
    Welcome aboard, unhealthy level of skepticism is always appreciated
    Lulz, thank you and just doing my part to counter the unhealthy level of devotion. :)
  • Tomoyuki said:
    Xombie said:
    Welcome aboard, unhealthy level of skepticism is always appreciated
    Lulz, thank you and just doing my part to counter the unhealthy level of devotion. :)
    I always encourage such behaviour! 
  • Welcome, hope you enjoy yourself here :D
  • Welcome! The current state of MMO development and monetisation does make you skeptical, hopefully this one is the real deal!
  • Welcome to the wae.
  • Welcome @Tomoyuki! ^^
  • Here is to hoping this game does not let you/us down. Welcome!!!
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Welcome to the community! Criticism helps development and I personally believe the devs do a fantastic job listening to feedback (so far). I know you've said you've looked into the game, but if you haven't already you should check out some of the developer update videos :)
  • Welcome ! :D
  • Welcome to the community