Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

We'll see won't we

Experienced in hardcore raiding in Everquest 2 from 2006 - 2010.  Left the game with a Scott Hartsman invite(through eq2flames with a few others) to Rift and played that Hardcore from release until 2014, then for a spot in late 2015.  Haven't played any MMORPG since.  Pretty much been murdering myself in Darkest Dungeon in spots and thats about it.  Looking to get that Rift/EQ2 feeling back with something new.  

Comments

• -Pats- :u I hope the game works out too. Welcome, though. ^-^
  • -Pats- :u I hope the game works out too. Welcome, though. ^-^
    Thanks 
  • Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
  • Relwoh said:
    Welcome to the community. I hope you have fun on the forum.
    Thanks

• Welcome to our community! o/
  • Welcome to the forums, glad you could join us.
  • Welcome to the community! I loved Rift. Something about it just felt so right. I haven't played any MMOs since then that have scratched that itch for me but now we have some hope with AoC :)
  • Welcome to the community :D
  • Welcome 
  • Welcome to the Community!

• Poisonlvy said:
    Welcome to the community! I loved Rift. Something about it just felt so right. I haven't played any MMOs since then that have scratched that itch for me but now we have some hope with AoC :)

I hope so.  I've kept my eye out for awhile and this one seems to "pop" out from the others. 

Thanks all for the welcoming remarks.
  • Welcome @Loosid! ^^
  • Welcome @Loosid! ^^
    Thanks
  • Welcome to the community ;)
  • Fleelix said:
    Welcome to the community ;)
    Thank you
  • Welcome to the community 
  • Falmin said:
    Welcome to the community 
    Thank you
  • Welcome aboard! I see you have got your hype ticket, now let's gooo!!! to infinity and beyond!!
  • Irobot said:
    Welcome aboard! I see you have got your hype ticket, now let's gooo!!! to infinity and beyond!!
    Yes!  Looking forward to the possibility of years of fun from this game.  And thank you.
  • Welcome ! 
  • Welcome ! 
    Thanks
  • It appears that Ashes intends to be more 'player driven' than any other MMORPG probably since Ultima (the players pretty much HAD to drive that game, lol)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out; the devs are at least trying to be fresh and different and trying to learn from what worked and what didn't in the past 10-15 years.

I have high hopes for this one.
  • Crymoar said:
    It appears that Ashes intends to be more 'player driven' than any other MMORPG probably since Ultima (the players pretty much HAD to drive that game, lol)

I'm really looking forward to seeing how it all turns out; the devs are at least trying to be fresh and different and trying to learn from what worked and what didn't in the past 10-15 years.

I have high hopes for this one.
    We've all been through the various produced MMOs that were supposed to supplant WoW or clone it.  Lets be honest here though and give credit to Ultima and EQ Online Adventures as the predecessors to this all.  Others were great bright stars that fizzled out quickly, Vanguard.  Some contended but fell short for me personally, Guild Wars..Which are great game(s), just not for me.  Some were spot on at release, Rift(until it went to PTW).  There are more of course that others loved, but for me, none brought as much love as the ancestrals of Ultima, EQOA, EQ, EQ2 and WoW.  Obviously I have a bias for the EQ series and went through the craziness of EQNext.  Every single point of failure for most MMOs that were pegged as failures was the pay to win factors, AND the biggest for me, failing to partner with the players and the community in general in a positive manner.  Getting in pissing contest with the player base is always a bad idea.

All of us have been through multiple games in development to the point where some have learned the process enough to develop a game themselves. What do they have to lose?  Can't be any worse than the many others who have tried. Thus, why we are here watching this game being made.  We camp the community trying to find every bit of information that comes out.

Outside of developing a great game, which is obvious, I think the most important thing is to create a welcoming community.  In my head, a great way to do that is to bring whole guilds over from other games.  Imagine giving beta access to whole guilds?  Something as simple as experiencing the development of a game as a community strengthens the game.  Whether you want to see how real world guilds tackle trade-skilling or raids or what-ever.  Believe me, I've had early guild invites to test raid mechanics, as a hardcore raider, this was great for our players as we got to be a part of the development of the game giving real world feedback to the developers on what worked for us, and what didn't.  Point is, make the community feel like they are a part of the process so they feel vested in the game.

Sorry, that is twenty plus years of frustration coming out. LOL. Sorry for the wall-o-text. Can't wait.
  • Welcome