Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

I can't wait to play a Necromancer

It is nearly impossible to find games that include, let alone pull off a Necromancer correctly. ARPGs like Diablo and PoE do it well, but there isn't an MMO I know of that get's it right. Now I know what you're saying "Well this game has this class that summons demons/elementals/animals so it's basically the same thing" NO. It's not the same thing. Summoning Skeletons and Zombies gives off a completely different feeling than fire demons. The minion is the most important part of a necromancer class and if that isn't right then the whole class falls apart. Now in my wildest dreams, a necromancer summons dozens of minions to swarm their enemies, but I know this isn't possible in an MMO setting due to screen clutter.  All I'm asking for is a couple small undead minions and maybe a big one on a cooldown, throw in some disease/soul draining spells and I'll give you my wallet.

Comments

• Check Guild Wars 2. There is the Necromancer class and he can summon minions. Not the best build IMO but it's something...
  • It depends what you think a necromancer is, you used the term 'summon' but I'd say that necromancers resurrect the dead or use magic to control corpses/bones not summon skeletons :3 

Though I also share the concern over how this class will be handled since it is very similar to normal summoners depending how you look at it.
  • Exactly my thoughts, i just want a skeleton army
  • Well an army might be too much xD but yeah I personally think the necromancer should be allowed to reanimate more corpses than a summoner can summon but they should have weaker stats.
  • Well an army might be too much xD but yeah I personally think the necromancer should be allowed to reanimate more corpses than a summoner can summon but they should have weaker stats.
    That is you are wrong mate there is always more dead
  • nagash said:
    Well an army might be too much xD but yeah I personally think the necromancer should be allowed to reanimate more corpses than a summoner can summon but they should have weaker stats.
    I did say they should have more than a summoner no ? xD or am I misunderstanding something here :naughty: ?
  • nagash said:
    Well an army might be too much xD but yeah I personally think the necromancer should be allowed to reanimate more corpses than a summoner can summon but they should have weaker stats.
    I did say they should have more than a summoner no ? xD or am I misunderstanding something here :naughty: ?
    why have only a small amount when everyone you kill can join the undead legion or is that to far ^^
  •  nagash said:
    nagash said:
    why have only a small amount when everyone you kill can join the undead legion or is that to far ^^
    To have the Undying King himself comment on a lowly Necromancer's thread is an honor.   :P