Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

How would you setup the arena fight in a warrior town?

I know we don't know much on this topic, just that we will need to fight and win to be the leader of the town.

So, just for the fun of it, lets say you have sandbox options, and you can add whatever within reason. How would you setup your contest for leadership of the town?

Comments

• Pretty sure its already established as a last man standing contest.
    Could be subject to change anyway. Its Alpha state.
    Last man standing could be a free for all or elimination contest though, so....
    Perhaps a mixture would be fun.
    Perhaps class knockout contest with a class vs class finale.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited February 2018
    I would add past PvP sucess (in a time frame, lets say in period since last chosing of node leader) as a factor (PvP would get tracked somehow).

Have you ever been a part of successful castle siege, did you win many PvP battles since last leadership change, etc. This would get you part of the points.

Arena fights preceding "current election" would bring you another batch of points. In the end, the man with most points would win.

My reasoning: one player is a veteran of PvP, conquered castles in this time frame, won many military victories, another man never touched PvP in this interval. They both do the duels and their success is very close, person that never touched PvP in this period killed just a few more opponents in these duels then a player who did much more in this time period. It would not be fair that he gets to rule.

Let's say military node leader is chosen every 2 months by duels. Not only duel points should be calculated, but also what military success players had in last 2 months.

*** In this way an active PvP participation would be incentivized for military node citizens that wish to have a role in military leadership. People that do not actively PvP should not get to be the leaders of military node! ***
  • Was already tried in ESO in calculating points for emperor. All people did was "feed" points to their chosen candidate. Led to certain guilds emperor swapping by having alts line up to be killed for "pvp points" over and over to boost certain individuals in rankings. Just like certain factions are up in arms over changes to how keys are given out now, there will be the same with how node elections are handled. As long as Intrepid does their best to come up with what they determine to be a fair system that can't be "gamed", and fix those loopholes when discovered by our crafty playerbase, most will not have a problem with it.
  • Yea, I'm either hoping for a 1v1 tourney or a massive FFA during election time. I'd rather it be an event instead of something you have to grind for.

I feel like a 1v1 tourney would be most fair but i could see getting through all the arena matches, even with a time limit, being time consuming depending on how many people enter. Might need an entrance fee to filter out some of the people who aren't serious.

FFA would be the easiest to me. While it's kind of shitty that people can team up, i don't think there is much wrong with that. Allowing the participants to choose who gets elected by who they attack or spare doesn't sound that bad to me.
  • We were not told a lot about how excatly the process will work, personally I think a standart elimination tournament or a last man standing would be the best, it's just that a lms would be harder to 'control' and it will become very chaotic and disorganized very quickly, I can't help but think of Chaos Castle in MU Online when it comes to a lms :3
  • I just think it's silly to have the towns leader be chosen purely based on the pvp prowess.

There are many other difficult problems to get some other way to elect a leader that can't be gamed by alts and stuff but I would much rather that the leader is voted in place.
    No idea how to make that process "alt safe" but I imagine that one ingredient is that the requirements to be able to vote is setup in such a way that it isn't easy to make tons of alts that meets the requirements to vote.

• Khuul said:
    I just think it's silly to have the towns leader be chosen purely based on the pvp prowess.

There are many other difficult problems to get some other way to elect a leader that can't be gamed by alts and stuff but I would much rather that the leader is voted in place.
    No idea how to make that process "alt safe" but I imagine that one ingredient is that the requirements to be able to vote is setup in such a way that it isn't easy to make tons of alts that meets the requirements to vote.

Welcome new person :)
    There are military, religious, scientific and economic nodes.
    All of which have their own unique election process.
    For military nodes that process is trial by combat ;)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    To prevent people "feeding" their chosen candidate, but to still require an active PvP participation to be eligible to be a leader of military node, this could be done:

Leader is chosen by trial by combat as IS imagined, however, not everyone is eligible for this tournament.

Only people that were active PvPers (which is tracked somehow) are eligible to enter said tournament.

In this way there is no "feeding", however it is still ensured that people who haven't touched PvP will not get to be military node leaders. Active PvP participation is still encouraged in this way for people that want a chance to be military leaders.

Which is more than fair, imho.