Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Narrative curiosity

Do you have any actual story tellers?

I think the game can use cool narratives with a film inspired story structure for certain narratives/events.

Comments

• I assume they want the players storys to be at the forefront. I'm thinking what would be amazing is a dynamic book or news system, like the devs can edit texts strewn about to mention actions players did. Then new editions release, and these old texts aren't generated anymore. It would probably have technical limitations but players creating and playing through stories in a sandboxy world is infinitely more interesting than "big dragon is going to kill everyone we need heros"

• I assume they want the players storys to be at the forefront. I'm thinking what would be amazing is a dynamic book or news system, like the devs can edit texts strewn about to mention actions players did. Then new editions release, and these old texts aren't generated anymore. It would probably have technical limitations but players creating and playing through stories in a sandboxy world is infinitely more interesting than "big dragon is going to kill everyone we need heros"

I believe it would be awesome to have particular events that would render all cities(or some) to cooperate from time to time. It is to add flexibility and it would also deviate our focus from PVP every once in a while. A good story teller can entertain us easily. So I think they need a specific set of people for the narratives.
  • It would be cool,in the same time it interferes whit one of the tavern’s purpose of gathering info i think 🤔

Problem is that different things will happen in different realms with different players. On some realms, the dragon won't even be released... But yea I hope they will make references to other events and the players that did participate in that event. However, this will be complex and even single player games who are focused on that area have failed miserably, so we can only hope they get it right.
  • Intrepid should hire a comic writer/artist team 
    Dedicate one server for them to observe for a year, take notes...then boom release a 15 part comic series based on the events of that server. Damn im a genius.
    Steve if you ever need my service , Im right here.
  • It would be awesome if in the town hall could be books of players who partecipate an world event. "# player and the breaking of the mountain", or guilds with " The siege of #name Castle". 
  • Khartaz said:
    It would be awesome if in the town hall could be books of players who partecipate an world event. "# player and the breaking of the mountain", or guilds with " The siege of #name Castle". 
    Hall of remembrance for heroes ?
  • Yes. Something that progresses with the game. It will add a feeling of immersion in the game. What do you thinkP
  • On the RP aspect I kind of want to see if I can play a bard in the older more typical role where I'm not so much adventuring as collecting stories on whatever server I end up on and moving from town to town and city to city telling the stories of the server.  Epic fights and failures, corrupted lords, wars, cities growing and falling.   All for tips and maybe a drink or two at whatever tavern I stumble in on, well once the server gets established enough of course.   

Hopefully every server will have a few lore/storytellers that do this.