Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Eclectic Americana Look to Settlements

Greetings: I have pondered with so many races, how we might come upon a city or village with a theme?  Since I am destined Nikua - I would like to be amongst a Polynesian theme in housing. Yet it seems there is an eclectic dynamic to town building. I would like to see some coherence in themes.  Sure, there is a Chinatown in San Francisco. But will there be coherent player themes to coalesce things like quests. A further argument is will developers attach quests to player themes as they develop on servers?  All the best.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure that the style of the node will be determined based on it's development twords scientific, divine, economic, militaristic etc.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    I'm pretty sure that the style of the node will be determined based on it's development twords scientific, divine, economic, militaristic etc.
    I never quite grasped the significance of the OP until now either.
    He is referring to skins.
    Racial, scientific, military, divine and economic styles will have ZERO relevance if they are all covered with skins from different eras that have no real relevance to the base design.

The OP makes an extremely valid and missed point.
  • I'm pretty sure that the style of the node will be determined based on it's development twords scientific, divine, economic, militaristic etc.
    Racial, scientific, military, divine and economic styles will have ZERO relevance if they are all covered with skins from different eras that have no real relevance to the base design.

Well it was pretty confusing, thanks for clearing that up :3

Well it was pretty confusing, thanks for clearing that up :3
    Aye..it was. You're welcome. :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited March 2018
    If I'm not mistaken, so far we only have confirmed that nodes appearance will be based on racial architecture.

Basically each time node levels, whichever race (player collective) did the most XP to level the node up from previous level to this one, node will take appearance based on that racial architecture.

That was confirmed in one of the streams.

Type of node (militaristic, economic, scientific, religious) might only affect which custom buildings can be built inside the node (bank, bunkers, temple, teleporters, etc.), but those buildings (when built) will take same style based on current nodes racial affiliation.

At least that's what I learned for now.
  • Correct on the racial influence at each node level based on which race contributed the most during the preceding phase to level. But the base buildings and layout of the 4 different node types will also be different. We have seen this in various videos where a religious metropolis looked very different than an economic city. Religious nodes may even go so far as to appear different depending on which of the 6 player-worshipped gods have been selected as that nodes patron diety. (speculation). It would be weird for there to be a snake god motif present throughout the city if they worship the phoenix in that particular node. Early days yet, and much more needs to be clarified down the line.
  • Skattagories strikes again!