Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should Ashes of Creation include vulgar emotes?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think thats why it doesnt bother me. If intrepid dont create the emotes then people will get creative with existing emotes regardless. So....not much you can do.
    Might as well let the real role players go nuts and enjoy the show, that doesnt actually look contrived and silly.
    :tongue:
  • Options
    Crouch t-bag is always a classic and I am sure we will see plenty of that.
  • Options
    Xombie said:
    Crouch t-bag is always a classic and I am sure we will see plenty of that.

Image result for Halo T bag gif
  • Options
    I'm really not sure who should be more embarrassed here, the player with the unconscious avatar or the player pretending to engage in semi-sexual content with an unconscious avatar...

Personally, I think the whole thing looks asinine...
  • Options
    The game should appeal to all kind of people. If you have an urge to offend people, don't hide behind a screen. Do it in real life and pay the consequences.
  • Options
    The game should appeal to all kind of people. If you have an urge to offend people, don't hide behind a screen. Do it in real life and pay the consequences.
    Yeah, be a man and locate your enemies IRL and talk shit then! OOOORAH!
  • Options
    The real benefit of such emotes is to show the rest of us who the punks are. The ones who teabag most often only hit 1 or 2 times while their buddies who are already off to the next encounter are the ones who got the kill. Watch real fights! True tough guys don't rub it in.
  • Options
    Fyziks said:
    The real benefit of such emotes is to show the rest of us who the punks are. The ones who teabag most often only hit 1 or 2 times while their buddies who are already off to the next encounter are the ones who got the kill. Watch real fights! True tough guys don't rub it in.
    2Deep4Me
  • Options

That's not the way to appeal to everyone. That's appealing only to easily insulted people.

The way to appeal to EVERYONE would be to include all kind of emotes but to allow people who do not want to see it an OPTION to deactivate those emotes on their side (client side deactivation).
  • Options
    I may say old chap ! teabaging sounds bloody lame wouln't you say ?
    but i'd love to /moon you...i'm all for /gestures   .better venting in game (prob.why so many ppl play them) than in RL.too bad some ppl don't game yet and prefer guns...up the irons!
  • Options
    Gothix said:

That's not the way to appeal to everyone. That's appealing only to easily insulted people.

The way to appeal to EVERYONE would be to include all kind of emotes but to allow people who do not want to see it an OPTION to deactivate those emotes on their side (client side deactivation).
    Again, that isn't how to appeal to everyone. You personal bias on the topic is blinding you from the reality of even having the content in the game, with or without an on/off switch, would still increase the games overall rating and thus hinder the project from being marketed to a wider demographic.

I enjoy salt and tears more than most, but my desire to pester those beneath me is outweighed by my desire for the project and Intrepid to be successful.