Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Arbitrary Skill Limitations

I haven't been tracking this game as much as I'd like, but maybe someone who has can let me know if this game is shaping up to have many arbitrary and artificial skill limitations.

That is to say skill limitations or limiters that aren't inherently explained by the ability itself, but added as a means to prevent a certain type of gameplay style or "misuse" of a skill.

Such as an ability called "Slash" that can only be used with swords, or an arbitrary distance requirement.

Comments

• Don't think we have much information on that. Maybe @UnknownSystemError can help. He seems to know everything lol
  • I actually looked at this after he posted and thought to myself "not enough is known, and anything I throw out there will just be speculation, so might as well wait."
  • phatcat09 said:
    I haven't been tracking this game as much as I'd like, but maybe someone who has can let me know if this game is shaping up to have many arbitrary and artificial skill limitations.

That is to say skill limitations or limiters that aren't inherently explained by the ability itself, but added as a means to prevent as certain type of gameplay style or "misuse" of a skill.

Such as an ability called "Slash" that can only be used with swords, or an arbitrary distance requirement.

Yes, some abilities do require a specific weapon.  

I don't have the exactly livestream in front of me to give you a citation, but yes there are some abilities that will require a specific weapon.   

I want to say it was the November 2017 livestream.  
  • Don't think we have much information on that. Maybe @UnknownSystemError can help. He seems to know everything lol
    I'm surprised he isn't a moderator xD
  • I don't have the nicety to be one. I call people out for being hard-headed and just plain ignorant waaaaay too much to be let loose with moderator powers. I spend more time in forum jail for it too.
  • I don't have the nicety to be one. I call people out for being hard-headed and just plain ignorant waaaaay too much to be let loose with moderator powers. I spend more time in forum jail for it too.
    Eh those are my favorite types of mods. But I do appreciate you for the font of knowledge you are xD
  • Jahlon said:
    phatcat09 said:

That is to say skill limitations or limiters that aren't inherently explained by the ability itself, but added as a means to prevent as certain type of gameplay style or "misuse" of a skill.

Yes, some abilities do require a specific weapon.  

I don't have the exactly livestream in front of me to give you a citation, but yes there are some abilities that will require a specific weapon.   

I want to say it was the November 2017 livestream.  
    Drat. This is usually an indicator to me that equipment diversity will be limited.