Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

How does node's level up in game?

Hello, I have been wondering how node's will level up in game. Will they level up in an blink of an eye, settlement to village instantly or will you be able to see the node slowly changing in game?

Say you arrive at a node, can you tell by what you see if the node is close to leveling up or not. It would be cool if it was represented in game, a early settlement just tent's and hut's and a settlement close to leveling up to a village would have a few houses and maybe some rudimentary defenses.

So in an blink of an eye or a  slow growth one house or street at a time depending on the exp accumulated, what do you think? To hard to implement or in the realm of possibility?

Comments

• Options
    All they have said is that "the transition won't be jarring."
  • Options
    As odd as blink of an eye would be, somehow i don't find myself troubled much by it. Since terrain changes come with node level up i'd like to see how that happens while im in the game. Maybe film it like people film clouds then hit the fast forward button and see the changes happen rapidly could be a fun past time
  • Options
    a conex question would be : is their any center to the node, a corner stone you could inspect, to know some detail about the node, the level, its orientation, xp remaining before leveling ?
  • Options
    Would be nice if close to transition you start seeing scaffolding and such going up.
  • Options
    Ollinwen said:
    a conex question would be : is their any center to the node, a corner stone you could inspect, to know some detail about the node, the level, its orientation, xp remaining before leveling ?
    No, but there are visual cues. Once the node becomes level 2 the type becomes apparent from npcs in the camp. Soldiers in military, merchants in economic, priests in economic and scholars in scientific.  Architecture from level 3 up is based on the race that gave the greatest contributions to node levelling that phase. They have said that there will be no way for someone to know when a node is about to "pop" to stop people from being able to "land rush" or gain advantage. It does take exponentially longer for a node to level to each stage.
  • Options
    I think it would be nice to actually see the node's progression piece by piece, but i guess it would be more reasonable to implement it happen instantly.