Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

About armor

Just wondering if armor will come in one piece or if it will be separate. Like a torso piece, right and left arm guards, shin guards, shoulder plates etc. Personally i'd prefer one piece but i can understand why there would be multiple for depth purposes

Comments

• Just wondering if armor will come in one piece or if it will be separate. Like a torso piece, right and left arm guards, shin guards, shoulder plates etc. Personally i'd prefer one piece but i can understand why there would be multiple for depth purposes
    Let me summon someone who may know  

owowowowowoowowowowowo

@UnknownSystemError

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited May 2018
    Armor will come in multiple pieces. Confirmed.
    16 Gear Slots[9]
    • 8 armor
    • 5 jewelry
    • 2 weapon
    • 1 ranged
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=D0Wjww5ZJok
  • Armor will come in multiple pieces. Confirmed.
    16 Gear Slots[9]
    • 8 armor
    • 5 jewelry
    • 2 weapon
    • 1 ranged
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=D0Wjww5ZJok
    Thank you kind sir 
  • Wow i pretty much hit it on the nail didnt i? 8 armor pieces logically speaking i'm assuming is 1 torso, 2 arm guards/gloves, 2 shoulderplates, 2 boots, and 1 helmet or hood. Btw will i be the only one trying to wear a full set so as to not look weird wearing pieces from random sets?
  • There is a cosmetic paperdoll that you will be able to apply full costumes/piecemeal over that will hide the underlying randomness of your armor selections, so if looking like an armor scavenger is of concern you will have that option.
  • There is a cosmetic paperdoll that you will be able to apply full costumes/piecemeal over that will hide the underlying randomness of your armor selections, so if looking like an armor scavenger is of concern you will have that option.
    Lol gotta hide that poverty look somehow huh 
  • I don't even think there are mmorpg games with full armor in one piece :open_mouth:
  • I don't even think there are mmorpg games with full armor in one piece :open_mouth:
    Adventure quest worlds had them. Granted its a 2D browser mmo
  • Unless they make an armored onesie 
  • sunfrog said:
    Unless they make an armored onesie 
    Never before have I wanted something so much 
  • Wow i pretty much hit it on the nail didnt i? 8 armor pieces logically speaking i'm assuming is 1 torso, 2 arm guards/gloves, 2 shoulderplates, 2 boots, and 1 helmet or hood. Btw will i be the only one trying to wear a full set so as to not look weird wearing pieces from random sets?
    I presume those eight pieces will be these, even the wiki is not working properly and has kind of misleading information.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Armor
    1. Helmet
    2. Shoulders
    3. Cape
    4. Boots
    5. Belt
    6. Pants
    7. Gloves
    8. Chest
  • I am actually positive suprised, that there will be separated long range slot. Back in days in WoW this was not working properly and it was removed. I hope Ashes will take different approach where secondary weapon will be useful as well. 

Does anyone actually know have there been any information how weapon swapping or multi-using will be implemented in practise?
  • There are some games that have a one-piece costumes that encases the body minus the cape and hat.  I suspect there will be cash shop costumes that are one piece.
    Blade and Soul is like that. You have one piece outfit, only jewelry and weapons are separate.

On the OP, I have no issue with either system. The specific number of gear slots really doesn't matter to me, as long as we have customization options. Meaning, the stats are varied enough that we have to think about our gear and the different choices make a difference. That can be accomplished with 5 slots, or with 25, doesn't matter.

As for looks, I am kind of disappointed there will be a "costume" tab. Even though I LOVE looking good, I would easily give that up for knowing what level of gear people are wearing at a glance. it is kinda sad and confusing if people can hide super heavy, high quality armor under a costume. I think a lot of player status and reputation comes from what they wear and how they are usually seen walking around in the world. And I like the idea of your looks being tied to how good your gear is, and how much effort you put into matching it. Costumes are an "easy way out" of that.

Anyway, we will see how it goes.
  • Allastair said:
    Meaning, the stats are varied enough that we have to think about our gear and the different choices make a difference. That can be accomplished with 5 slots, or with 25, doesn't matter.

From crafting and player-driven economy point of view that 5 slots would be way too less and imo that current 16 slots sounds quite nice to make good amount of crafting paths viable.
  • Ferryman said:
    Allastair said:
    Meaning, the stats are varied enough that we have to think about our gear and the different choices make a difference. That can be accomplished with 5 slots, or with 25, doesn't matter.

From crafting and player-driven economy point of view that 5 slots would be way too less and imo that current 16 slots sounds quite nice to make good amount of crafting paths viable.
    You have a point, the more there is to craft the more the economy moves. I agree that 16 is a solid number, enough to have complexity without overdoing it.