Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

duel bladed staff

I don't know of any of you have seen the movie, The Mummy Returns. Some of the minions in the Army of Anubis, carry these duel bladed staffs. I think they could be an interesting weapon. I remember, i wanted to play a warrior monk class, in an pnp rpg, and use such a weapon. A swining/sweaping attacking style. I'm talking about this weapon:

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    So you want a double sided glaive like the ushabti good choice  

• The more weapon choices the better!
  • nagash said:
    So you want a double sided glaive like the ushabti good choice  

in the movie, it is 2 blades, that are similar. And the blades look a bit like the blade at the buttom of the handle. But i can see various variations to it
  • Looks cool but I can't really see how it would work :/
  • Essentially a double sided light saber, but made of metal and sharp pointers 

<==--+--==>  that's my text version of it lol.
  • He wants a good ol' vibro double-blade xD
  • I do recall somewhere that all weapons would be able to be equipped by all characters (whether it jives well with the class aside), so essentially you want a staff model with blades at each end?

I think you'll probably see a few of those but it seems too specific to be it's own weapon type. Time will tell.
  • They may add a melee staff fighting style like bo-staff or polearms in which a dual ended staff might make sense. May end up being a visual only for these staves.
  • Give me a tree trunk anyday..  :D
  • MrNoNo said:
    Give me a tree trunk anyday..  :D
    as a club :smile:

Looks cool but I can't really see how it would work :/
    some of the moves Darth Maul does. Of course they would be more limited than other weapons, i think
  • xschlemmx said:
    Essentially a double sided light saber, but made of metal and sharp pointers 

<==--+--==>  that's my text version of it lol.
    There are pictures ;)

But maybe a little wider blade, and the blade isn't so "deep". Taking the "tip" of the blade, and moving it more outwards, making the blade wider and shorter. But again, various versions could be made. It could also be axe blades.
    The moves could be some of the same, a double-bladed lightsaber, wielder would do 
  • People saying dual bladed lightsaber but metal must not have played kotor much. Vibroblades and swords were awesome things.