Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be ghost town?

2»

Comments

• I'm so proud of you all you may bring me to tears ^^
  • IDK... seeing the ghost of a former player that might have died would be pretty horrible. I find myself crying when I get emails addressed to my little brother. I don't think I could handle something like this in my 'fun place'.

I wouldn't mind seeing npc ghost from downgraded nodes though. 
  • Forget ghosts - If you go MIA you become the Barmaid NPC.
  • sunfrog said:
    How about this scenario?
    So the game drops and 10,000 people sign up to play on day 1, but not everyone likes it so 2,000 stop playing after 1 week. After a little while, AoC sends out an email that says, "We notice you haven't logged in lately. Did you forget your password? We can help." So some people come back, but not all. 1,500 people are still out. More time passes and AoC sends out another email. "Come see all the changes we've made since you last played. It's awesome!" Nope. Some people come back but not all. 1,250 are still out. After more time passes AoC sends out a third email. "Here's some free swag to entice you back. Use this code for an exclusive Returner character cloak." Some people come back but 1,000 are still out. 

These abandoned accounts become NPCs that populate the city of the dead. When we kill them it removes their accounts from the server. Some characters are stronger than others depending on the stats they accrued while they were alive.

Depending on how often the programmers clean out the servers there could be a city siege every month, or six months, or whatever. The undead could either try to take back their city or just add to their number depending on who is holding the city when the server cleanse happens.
    No.
    Yes.

Long inactive accounts become ghosts and come back for Halloween...or prehaps are the NPC's in a city or two.

Dead, mindless, NPCs but dumber and with less 'purpose'
    RL can be cruel. Finding out after finally getting back online that your character was wiped is heart breaking. I do not want to have that hanging over my head when playing this game that my character can be washed away because Reality is a cruel mistress.
    Well obviously it wouldn't delete accounts, you'd just be a ghost 6 months after being MIA
    As long as my character is around I would love seeing inactives running around as the undead. Would be interesting to take on a mob of normals and in the mix is a zerg hardcore player's zombiefied remains slamming into other players who just aren't ready for that much owie.
  • Old Western Ghost town?  The Earp brothers will spawn in and kick your ass.
  • Crymoar said:
    Old Western Ghost town?  The Earp brothers will spawn in and kick your ass.
    GIve me a true old world undead army and I will have ashes in the palm of my hand in a week ^^
  • nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    GIve me a true old world undead army and I will have ashes in the palm of my hand in a week ^^
    I see your Undead Mob and raise you Chuck Norris.
  • Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    I raise you a undead sly marbo AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH
  • nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    I counter that with a carton of unfiltered Camels AND a pint of orange flavored Mad Dog 2020.
  • ashlynmae said:
    I hope the dev team reads this thread because several very cool ideas for fun gameplay/lore have been offered.  #growthehype ! @steven
    I just saw this pic.
    Everything we just said but on an island protected on all sides by dead pirates on ghost ships.
  • Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    I counter that with a carton of unfiltered Camels AND a pint of orange flavored Mad Dog 2020.
    Thank god I have no sense of smell or taste ^^
  • nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    nagash said:
    Crymoar said:
    Thank god I have no sense of smell or taste ^^
    Yeah, come to think of it you would probably just eat the Camels and pour the Mad Dog over your head...…..