[Read Me] Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct
Please review these Community Guidelines & Code of Conduct:
Greetings and welcome to the Ashes of Creation Community Guidelines and Code of Conduct for the official game forums and Discord. When you sign up to use the forums or Discord, you automatically agree to adhere to these rules. Therefore, please make sure you know what you’re agreeing to! Don’t worry, there aren’t too many things to worry about and most of these will be common sense.
- The Community Moderators are members, chosen by Steven, to maintain the peace, while helping members as much as they possibly can. The idea is to create and keep a fun yet stable environment without toxicity.
Posting Rules and Regulations
- Don’t Be a Jerk! Pretty self-explanatory. Don’t post personal attacks and do not harass/flame other users or employees of Intrepid Studios. Racist, sexist, misogynistic, discussions of **** or brutality, homophobic, and other types of offensive messages may be removed. This means not inciting any unnecessary drama or toxicity. Good rapport amongst your fellow members is key to the success of our community!
- No Discussion of Illegal Activity Inappropriate discussions of illegal content or behavior are not allowed.
- No Discussion of Politics or Religion We are here to discuss and promote Ashes of Creation, not discuss Politics, or Religion. If you want to have conversations that will likely offend other people, take it to Private Messages.
- No Personal Information Under no circumstances should you post personal information about yourself or others, including your address, e-mail address, where you go to school, credit card information, phone number, etc. If posted, this information will be deleted by a moderator.
- WTF & Cursing Cursing is considered pretty normal in MMOs, especially via acronyms like “WTF”. That’s okay and we’re a more seasoned bunch of nerds. Don’t let it get out of hand though. Moderators have a right to edit or remove posts they feel are too offensive.
- No Monetary Transactions Under no circumstances will monetary transactions be permitted to be posted. This includes offering or requesting payment for help leveling up, in-game items, alpha/beta keys, artwork for your character, etc. This is simply because we cannot help you if anything goes wrong and certain types of things (such as payment for help leveling) are against our game’s terms of service.
- Community Stewardship If you can, please be helpful and courteous. You're more than welcome to always provide constructive feedback and respectfully disagree with your fellow members.
- No NSFW Posting inappropriate images or topics is frowned upon and may have the said posts removed immediately. This includes NSFW (not safe for work) and links leading to NSFW content. After repeated incidents, the person(s) involved will be removed from the server. This includes lewd meme's!
- No SPAM Do not SPAM links or posts to the server. Additionally, please do not post any malicious links in the chat/forums.
- Guild Recruitment If you wish to recruit for your Guild, then please go to the #guild_recruitment channel in Discord or the appropriate Guild Recruitment thread on the forums.
- Repeated offenders will be placed in time-out for a period of time. If it continues, they will be timed out for progressive periods of time and/or banned from the server permanently.
Forum specific rules
- Keep necromancing in-game! Please do not “necro” old threads or “bump” threads by posting miscellaneous messages.
- One comment is more than enough. Do not cross-post the same message in multiple threads.