Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Greetings from a lone traveler...

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited July 2018 in The Newly Arrived
Greetings. I have been a hardcore rper for over 20 years. Started playing AD&D in 7th grade and immersed in rpgs such as Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale, Icewind Dale 2, Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate 2, Neverwinter Nights, and Neverwinter Nights 2. 

It would seem the production for this genre of gaming has all but ceased to exist, so now I am switching my hands over to the MMO community. I actually tried Bless Online and was not impressed. But I haven't given up, as AoC seems to be the light within the darkness for the MMO community. 

I look forward to the months ahead as this game develops, and all of the tricks of the trade the mmo community has to offer this long-time PnP / RPG Gamer. *Salutes right fist to left shoulder* "Oath mithas uth mithras."

Comments

• Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • Welcome to the community :mrgreen:
  • Welcome to ashes darksaber is always great meeting other members of the rp community.
  • Welcome to the community :3
  • Welcome! *throws confetti*
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    @Darksaber - Many of us longtime RP/MMO players have our hopes and dreams with Steven Sharif, the creative mind behind this new game.  As a long time guild leader, he got fed up with the monetization of MMO's and wants to bring us all back (into Verra!) to a world where when you win, you really earned it, and can be proud of it.  Can't wait.  Glad you are here in the forums early.  I'm so excited to help shape this game with the dev team, I have purchased into Alpha 1. It begins in the 4th quarter of this year and will focus first on PVP, sieges and raids testing, then in phase 2 of Alpha 1, crafting and fishing testing. Getting into Alpha 1 is only available through July via the Intrepid packages.  Join early, make a difference with us! Welcome!    
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    @nagash & @ashlynmae : Always great to see fellow rpers on any forums. Looking forward to walking this lonely road with you guys (and the rest of the community) in the following months ahead.
  • Welcome 
  • Welcome lone traveler!
    But ye don't have to remain solitary here!  We're a friendly lot! 

Why don't 'ye share an ale with us!

• Welcome to Ashes @Darksaber :)
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome to the community! :)
  • It is pretty dark but I hope you're right @Darksaber. Welcome to the community :)^^
  • So ronry.. Welcome to the community 
  • The more AD&D, the better! Welcome.  :)