Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A few more questions! Sorry!

Hey guys short and sweet really can't find any info... perhaps my google powers are not that strong.

1. The items that appear on the month to month store - Can we purchase these later? I've been grabbing most up till this point but just curious I never wanted to miss out on the goodies.

2. Will we get sufficient time as far as notice is concerned for release of Alpha 1? It sounds... a bit weird but I'd love to get some sufficient time off work to really get into the thick of things with the community.

I'm sure these have been answered and I did look I'm so sorry!

Luke

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2018
    1.  No. they are one and done after the month is up, never to return.

2. The devs have said early Q4 before November.  So sometime in October, likely week 3 or 4.  Stay tuned for a announcement once we get closer.  People will be posting about it all over the place, so I'm sure you'll see it when it is finalized. 
  • 1. We have been told that the items that appear on the month to month store will not be sold again.
    2. Probably. The Alpha 0 date was announced a goodly distance ahead of time, so I would expect Alpha 1 testing will be to. Especially given the size of this testing phase.
  • As an addendum if you want in on Alpha 1you have exactly 2 and a half days to get it. Alpha 1 sales end the end of July (if you haven't bought in already).
  • lukums said:
    a bit weird but I'd love to get some sufficient time off work to really get into the thick of things with the community.

Please realize that A1P1 will be time slot testing. Most likely in short, infrequent blocks of 2-6 hour windows depending on the test. Not everyone will be testing at the same time on the same days. So taking off work, while a great idea, would be a huge waste. In any testing environment in the beginning, there is going to be significant downtime where planned times are pushed, windows of testing are cancelled, and other things fall under "shit happens."
  • @lukums remember there are never any stupid questions. Just avoid the ones with stupid answers.
  • lukums said:
    2. Will we get sufficient time as far as notice is concerned for release of Alpha 1? It sounds... a bit weird but I'd love to get some sufficient time off work to really get into the thick of things with the community.

If you mean the beginning of Alpha 1 then yes, ofc. If you mean your particular testing time slot then I wouldn't say you'll get a great deal of time if A0 was anything to go by, but sufficient time I would argue. What you do with your work time is your decision ofc, but I wouldn't bother taking time off work for A1 personally. A2 will be a persistent so you could take time off then if you really felt the need.

1st world problems! Enjoy!

• Great questions 
    1. The items that appear on the month to month store - Can we purchase these later? No once there gone there gone so snatch them up if you like them when they come out

2. Will we get sufficient time as far as notice is concerned for release of Alpha 1?
    Q4 2018 they will most likely give a month notice prior to the first test to be up, just like how they do with Pax and big events like that.
  • Appreciate all the info guys - I'm sure they were asked a million times over appreciate the answers regardless.

Yes - I can agree first world problems for sure - For the time off work. However you make a good point stating that it might not be as fluent as I'm sure we would all like to see (which is fair and reasonable being Alpha 1) so no complaints here.

In relation to the items, that's a good thing. We are "forking out" for unique items to NEVER be seen again (hopefully) in the future. I'm sure this money which is (a lot) is helping push ashes development further and faster which is why I'm opting to give them the $100 monthly.

That all said - once again I appreciate everyone's time and input cheers!