Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Q&A] A small part of the Radisson Blu QA with Steven!

Here's a video for it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHC1A1wIsRk

and the script is here (I will be translating it in French but I have to wait for the announcement as well so I can do a mega file).

[00:05]
- Unknown man: are you recording?
- Steven: [...]some questions I may not be able to answer...will see
- UM: We think so, yes.

[00:13] 
- Unknown woman: Okay, so first question...when you are saying "no region locking, nor ip blocking" those this refer to all regions or just only for european, russian and not america.

[00:26]
- Steven: Currently, this refers to territories that are under license agreements with my.com and mail.ru which is Europe and Russia as it relates to our North American servers as well. However, moving forward, should we announce additional strategic partners for foreign territories, it would be a redline for us as well to not allow region locking or ip blocking.

[00:54]
- UW: Okay. Next question: When a player in an European server change to north american server. Will I loose my unlimited subscription?

[01:03]
- Steven: No, you will not. So, as its stands currently, we will be making an announcement monday (8/26/2018). I went to, I drove to Amsterdam yesterday and was at my.com headquarters with their team and we came to an announcement that will be made monday which states that a player may choose to migrate their account from my.com to Intrepid Studios, should they wish. Additionally, if their own a package from either a kickstarter or from the summer backers, they can migrate that package over to the my.com registration as well.

[01:47]
- UM: Great.
- UW: Okay now something about the damage numbers. So will there be damage numbers like in most of the eastern games like over 1000 thousands? Or will there be lower numbers?

[02:02]
- Steven: There will likely be lower numbers we don't the need to have these enormous numbers that really start to loose meaning. That seems to be an innate design issue with other games as they try to balance the damage output in PVE and in PVP. But our design system allows for a more manageable damage protocole for PVE and PVP to be shared. And those damage protocol relate more to lower numbers.

[02:40]
- UW: Now again, something for the european community: Will there be one server for the whole European community or will there be seperate servers?

[02:51]
- Steven: There will be seperate server yeah.
- UM: Yeah for each country...
- Steven: Oh for each country. Well there's localisation that will be present in the German, French, Russian languages to start. And then we intend to also localize in italian polish and spanish. So servers will be allocated within the region as being as one of those language type servers. So it's not going to per country per say as it might be per language.

[03:19]
- UW: What about chat? Do you have plans to integrate chat for eastern language?
- Steven: Chat as in like as in the quest and what not?
- UM: No I think (frause and forum) it means that in other game we have russian speech cyrilic with speech types. The European cannot read cyrilic. For example, will there be different option to separate them?
- Steven: You will be able to seperate them yes. that's build in I believe to the hum...that's in our UI. And we created, intreprid studios created localization tools that allows for the ease of access on the UI side of chat window per say you can quickly change between things in game.

[04:14]
- UM: Oh! Great.
- UW: What about the gear, the kind of gear treatment. SO do you have to farm for a gear a 100 times the same dungeon then theirs the next expansion and you lose more or less the value of your gear so you start again?
- Steven: No...so a lot of what we experience in games that usual come before us right, is that many things are account bound and their are soul bound to your character right? 
so they way that they then force the players to relive the same content over and over mindlessly until you just want to shoot yourself is not what we want in the game. So instead, very little gear is character bound, very very little. The vast majority of gear, yes you will get quest related gear as rewards but it won't be one set in a one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. 
Instead, we really want to emphasize the reliance on to the economy and crafter and gatherers and processors to support the majority of the gear structure in game combine with that world raid bosses and dunjon bosses. Not a repetitive questline to a single dunjon.

[05:30]
- UW: That's great. Now, what about skins? So is there plans for transmutation features?
- Steven: Yes. There is transmorg that will be present where you will be able to change the appearance of items to different cosmetic appearance from other armors.

[05:58]
- UW: What about the skills? we got a question in our forums, that players would like see a list of all skills for class and sub-class for beta testing start?
- Steven: I don't want to do that. I think that discovery is an important part of the process in learning a game. I think those types lists will be created but I'd like them to be created by the players and the communities as they discover those things. I think it is a fun experience for the people who are first involve in the game to discover these things for themselves.

[06:33]
- UW: Next question. What plans do you have for the role playing community. Do you have plans for emote, or social clothing, or what plans to do you have?
- Steven: Yep, we have plans for emotes, we have plans for there to be role play specific systems and mechanics in place for certain building types that you can create on your freehold or within the node itself. We have very in depth storyline and titlery that is capable for the player as well as you being able to customize your player information on your unique character website page. Where you can have in depth background stories that players are able to read about.  You can have traits applied that can kind of describes what your history is. Those type of things, I think, are really fun and we must remember that MMORPG has RPG in it as well and so that sometimes get lost.

[07:29]
- UW: Pretty cool. Yeah, and next question.
- UM: Yeah, one question. We have on the homepage separate site for our character? Did I understand it right?
- Steven: Yes you will, not right now though but you will.  
- UM: Yeah, not right now correct but when it's finished...
- Steven: Correct, you'll have a unique homepage for each character. And that homepage will able to be customized by the user to display unique informations.
It will have a small out of game RPG component where you can construct backgrounds, and traits, and stuff like that, that won't get in game affect just yet. 
We might, we are thinking about how we can do that. But it will allow you to create basically a character page that people can reference.

[08:16]
- UM: Nice. Okay the last question I think?
- UW: Yeah exactly. Is there anything else you want to tell or share with the German community.
- Steven: We love the german community. We believe it's one of our largest in Europe and actually I believe it is the largest in Europe. The German community has a rich history of being MMORPG lovers more so, than I think, than any other European country. And the engagement of the german community in our community is something that really helps us moving forward because we get valuable feedback. And we love hearing that.

[09:00]
- New Unknown Man: Well you have a normal leveling system for the character progression?
- Steven: For the Advancing class?
- NUM: For the character?
- Steven: Yeah.
- NUM:Do we have any ideas ? I'm not the biggest fan of the custom of the normal questing system I would say because it divides the players...Is there any option for a Character level 10 to play with someone that is level 50?
- Steven: Oh I see what you say! So there will be activities that are present for a higher level player to mentor a lower level players.
Let's say that you have a friend who joins later on and you still want to do things with him. There will be things to do.Will he be able to enter a dungeon of your level and be able to participate? No because we don't want to inflate or deflate characters and manipulate that type of skills or power. Right? we want that to be something that makes sense for them in a progression stand point. But we do also want to offer "in node" activities, crafting...there's many progression paths. It's not all adventuring class right? Typically in MMOs it's just about your level in the adventuring class. What level rogue am I? what level mage am I? and that gives me access to skills and pretty much it. Once I'm there, I go for gear, best in slot, and I'm done. I'm just repetitively raiding.
Instead, there's going to be progression in society, there's going to be progression in religion, there's going to be progression in citizenship, progression in government, progression in crafting, progression in homeownership, there's going to be progression in business, and in stock market, and in exchange, in trade, there's many different paths, all of them give you experiences alright next to exploration. And that's activities that you can do with friends to both equally gain experience in your adventuring class and advance there.
But while doing something else that doesn't have to power curve them and flavid them.

[11:05]
- NUM: Do we only get our skills from your class?
- Steven: No. There's skill you can gather/learn elsewhere. Right, so...
- NUM: Like from quest? like Some long quest line for I don't know..
- Steven: For example, should you excel in the religion or society progression, advancing to a certain point will grant you certain augments that can be applied to your active skills.
So, let's say you want to become the head acolyte of a church that is in a node, and you progress in your religion quests. And that allows you access to the corruption augment. You take the corruption augment per say, and you have an active skill.
Let's say you are a mage and you have a fireball. Well, you take the augment, apply it to the fireball and now you fire a "twisted fireball". That's more corrupt and it churns the soul of the character, doing damage over time in addition to the X damage that does initially.
So those are things you can gain that are more horizontal in progression and not vertical because it will be relevant to you as a level 50 player as well as a player that is level 10.
But it's something that doesn't require level 50 or level 10 to attain just to progress in the society.
- NUM: You have to balance it out. It sounds good.
- Steven: Don't remind me! (laugh)

credit for the video goes to www.ashesofcreationtalk.de

Transcript (German only): https://www.ashesofcreationtalk.de/news/news/40-ashestalk-interview-qna-mit-steven-sharif/

Comments

• great job! thank you for that interview awesome info =D
  • Super happy to hear transmog confirmation.
  • Thanks for the info ^^
  • Allan said:
    " ... Do we have any ideas ? I'm not the biggest fan of the custom of the normal questing system I would say because it divides the players...Is there any option for a Character level 10 to play with someone that is level 50? ... "
     I'm so glad someone asked this question - thank god
  • Thanks! Good to know. 
  • Whoa. So we will have profile pages? If you click on my character I can write it's backstory? I ran away from home when I was 12. Unable to stand the abuse any longer I ran off to become an adventurer, however, I was quickly captured and sold into the slave trade.  Instead of making my life better I made it 100x's worse. Etc... etc.. That's interesting!  :)  I hope it comes up in game and doesn't send me off to a website somewhere. I wonder if they'll have that feature for freeholds. Maybe people can read a little description I wrote.

Crafting adds to abilities? So mastering animal husbandry might allow me to create a Rhino Horn Arrow that can pierce through armor and keep going  through 4 or 5 characters? That's so cool! I'm going to Donkey Kick you into next week!

Excellent interview! Great questions!
  • Very nice, thanks for sharing it
  • sunfrog said:
    Whoa. So we will have profile pages? If you click on my character I can write it's backstory? I ran away from home when I was 12. Unable to stand the abuse any longer I ran off to become an adventurer, however, I was quickly captured and sold into the slave trade.  Instead of making my life better I made it 100x's worse. Etc... etc.. That's interesting!  :)  I hope it comes up in game and doesn't send me off to a website somewhere. I wonder if they'll have that feature for freeholds. Maybe people can read a little description I wrote.

Crafting adds to abilities? So mastering animal husbandry might allow me to create a Rhino Horn Arrow that can pierce through armor and keep going  through 4 or 5 characters? That's so cool! I'm going to Donkey Kick you into next week!

Excellent interview! Great questions!
    If you payed for the extra bells and whistles, EQ2 at launch was very reminiscent of these sorts of things. I had a gallery of screenshots of my shop in Longshadow Alley attached to my premium profile for Mishando, and it included statistics like how my strongest hit measured up against both others on the server as well as worldwide. It'll be nice to have a system with a similar feel.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2018
    Hmmn. Personally, I'm more interested in sharing stories than comparing stats, but, hopefully we have a decent combination of both available on the character pages.
  • This is a really good Q&A session, Had some nice detailed information!

Thanks for this one!

@Allan