Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Do nodes effect drops?

Do specific nodes affect what you can receive in drops? Ex:Economy nodes more money or rare valuable items scientific for resources religious armor or trinkets and military for weapons from both player and mob?

Comments

• That is information we don't have yet.
  • No one, probably even them since they are still working on loot tables, has any idea so far. Nothing stated or confirmed about such a mechanic.
  • As these two have said we know nothing. For now anyway ^^
  • At least nodes evolving will effect to mobs, animal and creatures in zone of influence and that way most likely the loot tables will change too. But your question was interesting and something IS should really think through. Imo it would be nice if nodes status effects to loot tables at least somehow. 
  • Interesting, very interesting concept.   
  • Do specific nodes affect what you can receive in drops? Ex:Economy nodes more money or rare valuable items scientific for resources religious armor or trinkets and military for weapons from both player and mob?
    Now when i really started to think of this, it will make more and more sense. Making a little bit difference to loot tables depending of node is actually really good idea. Also the drop % rates inside loot table could change with the same logic. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2018
    Just speculating
    Well I would like it to be and I hope Steven decides on the following , say at an encampment level you find within the node a level 1 (green quality) short sword. The next day, it becomes a village and that same sword now drops at a level 5 (blue quality). So without actually changing the loot table, all you do is increase the quality of the drops according to the level of the node.

Keeping in mind that people regardless of if you get what you want will also be trading items/weapons through the market, so it's not like your going to be missing out on searching for loot unless there will be specific loot that need you to explore to get it.
  • Very cool question. I really do hope node types can affect drops. Maybe it'll be something that the leader can research or implement.
  • Interesting and cool concept.

Well with current systems since nodes effect mobs and such it does in effect indirectly effect the loot table the higher the node the better opportunities to get better loot.
  • Just happy everyone liked my question lol
  • Cool idea. Has a lot of potential
  • I would question the direct value of such a mechanic would have to the player and the balancing. Perhaps the wealthiest node would only see such a mechanic, increasing the base value of individual loot to keep players in the same region? Would this effect outsourcing to different nodes?...doubtful. I don't believe a mechanic like this would provide much value. The economy should based upon the player-crafters and simple locations of the harvestable resources. 

Then comes to question the different regions of territory that Verra is made of and who will inhabit these lands. 

Territory regions will directly relate to resources/economy. Loot-tables could easily be changed, however.  I don't see why they couldn't add some more valuable assets to a cities' more advanced, microscopic discoveries!😱