Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Why is this here? I want something else.

I was rewatching the combat footage and noticed this thing at the top of the screen. Why is this here? https://imgur.com/yporveL

Why not add the directions to this instead?  https://imgur.com/RtLO4xQ

At first I thought it was a small display for Healers in a Guild that displays how much life each team mate has left. You could see who is about to die and go help them. I think that would be a better use than a compass, especially when you can add the N,S,E,W, to the map in the corner.

Comments

• The ui is going to have many iterations before launch and they have said repeatedly it will be full customizable. Better to have more options than fewer, and if you dont like something, you can always turn it off.
  • I like the POV compass at the top of the screen though. Makes it a bit more fun to get a sense of direction when traveling. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    I'd rather have this. https://imgur.com/Z6MEFML
    Then you can see who's about to die and go heal them.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Would be kind of useless at the moment since until class packs are enabled in A1P2 there is no healing. And just as you could use that for healing, I could use it to decide who to target for a quick kill.
  • I'd say we will be able to customize the UI eventually so no stress where it is placed now :3
  • Would be kind of useless at the moment since until class packs are enabled in A1P2 there is no healing. And just as you could use that for healing, I could use it to decide who to target for a quick kill.
    Lol, I was thinking of seeing people in your own guild, not the enemy. However, maybe there is a class where you could see the enemy stats.  Isn't there one that has the power of foresight? Seeing enemy stats might be their power and seeing guild stats could be the healers. 

• Guys, I think we're all missing something here. What's being tested? The action combat system. What is this action combat system?

A Battle Royale. It's Fortnite/PUBG.

Do you know what's MASSIVELY useful in Fortnite? The compass with numerical headings to tell your team mates where enemies are.

I highly doubt this compass will be even used or needed in the MMO of Ashes of Creation.
  • Krojak said:
    Guys, I think we're all missing something here. What's being tested? The action combat system. What is this action combat system?

A Battle Royale. It's Fortnite/PUBG.

Do you know what's MASSIVELY useful in Fortnite? The compass with numerical headings to tell your team mates where enemies are.

I highly doubt this compass will be even used or needed in the MMO of Ashes of Creation.
    Ohhhh~
  • @Krojak Or it might be highly useful in a game that only has an immediate mini-map and people keep shouting "I'm down by the spider cave, how do I get to the ogre spawn?" "Head N about 5 minutes past the Witches Hut, then head N-Nw for a couple more." Not saying that has already happened ;),  but if that is what the final UI ends up being, could be very useful for those that find themselves new to an area.
  • I personally like the idea of compass headings like that in MMO's.

However, as is my opinion on almost all UI elements, it is something that should be 100% optional.
  • Jeff told me at the meet and greet. There's gonna be very little info on your minimap so you're gonna need to use the compass more often then not.
  • As someone with a terrible sense of direction I personally like the compass. It's different so others may not be used to it hence why it seems so odd. Takes some getting used to.
  • I like to have both. Mini map is self explanatory, but a real time compass can be useful if you can pin certain points on the map on it. So you at least know in which direction to go.