Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Concept for personal pets...

I love my dog.  He's my best buddy.  I'd love to have a look-a-like pet in the game that looks just like him.  :)   In fact, I'd pay a bit for that option.  I know that folks don't want this game to be pay to play...I agree.   I don't expect him to do much except for sit up and stay, but I'd do a year long quest to get my pet in the game.  0

Anyhoo...it's an idea that has been flitting about in the brain for a number of years.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    As you can see there are already cute, small pets that will be available in game and there are sure to be ones for sale in the shop. Higher tiers of crowdfunding also had personalized monster designed by the player and they get a pet of that monster. Since we know they are allowing customizable guild images from outside the game subject to approval and review, it is not too much a stretch for them to offer customizable pets for a substantial fee down the line. The pets from crowdfunding in game are not skins, they are actual cosmetic only pets. Steven has also said (jokingly) that he would like to see an option for you to be able to leave your pets at your freehold unsupervised and when you come back the cats have destroyed all your furniture and the dogs have shit all over the house. So keep hope alive.

• Options
    LOL, I’d forgotten all those stretch goals. :)

I assume we get to name our pets.  Name a dog in the game after your own to honor him, even if the game dog doesn’t look exactly like him.
  • Options
    SaintJ said:

Id pay good money for a ingame version of my samoyed 😍
    so pure I cant take it  B)
  • Options
    nagash said:
    SaintJ said:

Id pay good money for a ingame version of my samoyed 😍
    so pure I cant take it  B)
    What a beauty SaintJ!  <3   Here's my baby,  australian shep   <3
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    " ...  I know that folks don't want this game to be pay to play...I agree ... "
    Whats your point ? You don't actually think B2P + Cash Shop is going to work, right ?

It'll quickly be just like BDO ... or rather somewhat
    • B2P does NOT last for long - P2P is the perfect balanced of continuous income for every MMORPG. Othewise its destined turn into a Cash Grab

TL;DR ... not good long-term wise
    Eventually everyone will own it if its B2P ... meaning then they'll have to solely rely on the Cash Shop ... meaning " sudden changes " to the cash shop are bound to happen.

... and My.Com being the Publisher for EU ( so far ) ... does no help ...

Everyone I've met on this Forum wants this to be P2P ... and i agree 
  • Options
    Sorry but I'm lost in the adorable dogs. Nothing else in this thread matters ^^
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @Calliandra
    Sorry if i sound rude ... but from my POV you're coming off as conniving tbh
    • trying to mention something sentimental & personal about your ... " cute dog " ...
    • ( he/she is indeed cute  o:) ) ...
    • but then try and say that ... " folks don't want this game to be P2P
    Are you kidding right now ?! What does you cute dog has to do with B2P or P2P ?

... Look ... I've see " this " (below)  happen SOOO many times before 
    • I KNOW b2p will fail - it always results in the game flopping hard ... 
    • Then those who've been on these forums longer gets pissed 
    • Devs begin to outweigh ...  Those who've been here longer VS. New Users ? 
    • Devs usually give-in to the latter 
    • Those who've been here longer leave ( most of them / large portion of them ) 
    • Then Devs will have NO CHOICE but to cater to the New Users because those are the ones that decided to stay
    • Community is in the Grey - both good & bad 
    • *( P2P MMORPGs always has a better Community & Toxic-free Chat (mostly) )
    • Sub-count tries to stabilize ... but tends to get worse & worse
    • Sudden changes to cash shop ( due to B2P not working out so well + sub-count dropping ... in either scenario )
    • the MMO goes downhill from there ... ( bringing My.Com into the Premise do not help )
    • Lastly ... " my most favorite part " ... those players, that remained, ask themselves ... What went with {insert MMO title here}
    • The Voice of the Few is often heard less ( those who've been here longer ) VS the Voice of many ( new users )
    In short,  P2P or gtfo ... 

( again sorry , if this was not the intention of your initial post )
  • Options
    Eragale.  Stand down soldier.  You are reading way too much into my post. 

I know folks that don't want any type of store bought item in the game at all and that is what I was referring to.  P2P...paying for items outside the game mechanics.  What you refer to a B2P, I consider P2W.   So there is a misunderstanding of semantics between us.  Let me explain further.

I would pay to have a likeness of my pet.  Some folks would say that is paying for extras that should be earned through the game mechanics.  I prefer monthly subscriptions and expect cool stuff to be available through the game mechanics as a result, but would love personalized items to be available to purchase through the store.  

And it has to be said ... you come off as a bully.  You misread my post's intent and your apology isn't accepted.  Next time let's have a discussion instead of an excuse for you to jump on a soapbox and rant.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I think it would be cool to be able to personalize your pets. There has been some talk about summoners being able to achieve some sort of customization on their summoned pets, but never have they talked about the cosmetic pet/companions This would bea very cool addition imo.

edit: this post said a bunch of unnecesary stuff
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    @SaintJ
    whats wrong with me ?! Take a good look at the MMO Genre as a whole as of right now ... it does* not look pretty 

SaintJ
    said:
     " ... there is no point in posting this everywhere ... "
    ???? 
    this is my 1st time posting something like this 

If you're thinking about the Cash Shop - thats a completely different story
    this* post was about P2P ... not Microtransactions
  • Options
    " ... And it has to be said ... you come off as a bully ... "
    yeah, thats why i was conflicted about posting the comment tbh .. but its definitely not a rant. 
  • Options

Eragale said:
    " ... And it has to be said ... you come off as a bully ... "
    yeah, thats why i was conflicted about posting the comment tbh .. but its definitely not a rant. 
    Semantics again, it sounded like a rant to me. 
    But let's get back to the reason for the post and stick to the 'creation design' forum theme. 
    If you like the concept of the post and/or just want to share a picture of your pet, please do!
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    *Edited to remove the double post*
  • Options
    Yeah I love my cats so hopefully they let us customize the pets somewhat, which might be from breeding but they haven't shown the system yet that I know of.
  • Options
    Normal people : Cat/Dog/common animal
    Me: Yeah A Death Knight would look  cool 
  • Options
    Death Cat

• Options
    Atama said:
    Death Cat

xD Yeah it would be cool to see my low level necromancer with an undead cat at his side too.
  • Options
    Death Unicorn
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    Death Unicorn