Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Base Leather Set

Hey Ashlings!

Steven just shared this on discord! Thought you'd all like to see! This is a base leather set with a variety of colour schemes! What is your favourite? I can't decide!

Comments

• My favourite is the #6
    Those look amazing!

number 9 is more plate than leather though xD
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018

Looks like a Michael Jackson auction.

I jest!!

• Ooooo right now #6 is my fav, but they are all gorgeous! 
  • Can't beat black and good armour love number 10
  • Skin tight. Kinky
  • #13 is my favourite.
  • Some of them looks like plate or chain mail.

On the looks... I wouldn't pay even ingame money just cause it's look, it's the random world drop category, which you loot and then sell to a vendor. (IMO)
  • I really like #8.

Also, one question, it seems that the color is not the only thing that changes among the different sets. For example, the red part on #8 seems to have some kind of desing, but the others are more plain, or the part of the abdomen of #9 is different than the rest, the chest part of #10 has some kind of web design,... and so on. Is that related with the "modular" design for the costumes the devs have talked in the past?
  • #6 and #18 look nice. #3 isn't bad either, some sort of forest ranger.

• I want to see some robes now ^^
  • #9 I need some Earth tones. I also like the tarnished look of the armor.
  • I love the last one, it has a very noble look to it.
  • 3 and 8 for me :3 seems like 11 and 6 are a bit different (emblem on the front is different)
  • I made my own from a combination of armors. :)

It's a combination of the tarnished armor from #9 and the body of #14
  • These look so good that I thought Intrepid Studios was releasing a new product line of clothing!

Speaking of which... does anybody else feel like they wish this style replaced the typical male "suit" that we're supposed to wear for work and stuff?

I sure do.
  • Caelron said:
    These look so good that I thought Intrepid Studios was releasing a new product line of clothing!

Speaking of which... does anybody else feel like they wish this style replaced the typical male "suit" that we're supposed to wear for work and stuff?

I sure do.
    It would be way more expensive than a suit; but you could also start a trend. :p  
  • Caelron said:
    These look so good that I thought Intrepid Studios was releasing a new product line of clothing!

I sure do.
    I also want a product line of clothing. I realize that half the fun of cosplay is making the stuff yourself but some of us don't have that kind of talent. I would totally wear a cloak or cape to work. We should start a movement. 
  • sunfrog said:
    Caelron said:

I sure do.
    I also want a product line of clothing. I realize that half the fun of cosplay is making the stuff yourself but some of us don't have that kind of talent. I would totally wear a cloak or cape to work. We should start a movement. 
    This is why the Victorians had the best fashion sense. top hats and cloaks ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    wow all look good i must say #16 for me 
  • Taking in consideration what leather armor can do I would rather go for other type of armor.
  • Love it
  • #8 and #13 are my favorite 
  • Not to hate, I mean the armor looks good but am I the only one that thinks that based on the color scheme it doesn't really look to be leather armor at all? Some look like cloth, some leather, some plate, etc.
  • Is it supposed to be the Empyrean elf fashion?
  • Beolupus said:
    Not to hate, I mean the armor looks good but am I the only one that thinks that based on the color scheme it doesn't really look to be leather armor at all? Some look like cloth, some leather, some plate, etc.
    Obviously the armor is mostly but not exclusively leather.  Which isn’t unheard of even in history.  Many armors were composites.  And I think it looks cool at least.

The point of leather is to be more protective than regular clothing but less restrictive and heavy than covering yourself head-to-toe in metal chain and plate.  That doesn’t mean you can’t reinforce it in a few places though.
  • Leather blocks dull swords. That's why you should keep yours sharp.
  • sunfrog said:
    Leather blocks dull swords. That's why you should keep yours sharp.
    Do you know how hard it is to sharpen leather?  It doesn’t keep an edge well.
  • sunfrog said:
    Leather blocks dull swords. That's why you should keep yours sharp.
    rusty swords work wonders I find 
  • Atama said:
    Obviously the armor is mostly but not exclusively leather.  Which isn’t unheard of even in history.  Many armors were composites.  And I think it looks cool at least.

The point of leather is to be more protective than regular clothing but less restrictive and heavy than covering yourself head-to-toe in metal chain and plate.  That doesn’t mean you can’t reinforce it in a few places though.
    I mean sure.. what I'm driving at here is that should we then expect that light/medium/heavy armor will not always be distinguishable from each other. This'd certainly have an impact on PvP if you can't tell what class nor armor your opponent is wearing.