Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hello!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited September 2018 in The Newly Arrived
Hello to all you AOC punks! It's a pleasure to meet you folks and I look forward to discussing this beast of a game with all of you whilst we sip tea and cocoa on this lovley lovley hype train.

Comments

• Hey there @bink ! I hope you will enjoy your stay in the world of Verra! choo choo! Let's get on the hype train!
  • Welcome to Ashes!!!
  • Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so stoked to see such a nice community!
  • Bink said:
    Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm so stoked to see such a nice community!
    It is one of the best online communities that I've been part of and I can only hope it stay like this till the end ^^
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018
    Welcome and yes, i love the guys welcoming us here on the forums.

Im really looking for games i can play for long periods of time and reading so many good things about this there is no way to not get excited.

So many publishers failed in recreating an mmo as successful as WoW that it seems there are not alot of ambitious attemts to create one anymore. Last one i played was Black Desert and what you notice is always a missing balance between classes and balance in economy that you always get an impression developers dont even play their own game and are to afraid to change something that isnt working in fear they might create a gap for peapol to exploit something.

Then again in BDO whenever they try to balance classes, they do it in a way like saying okay, skill x will have double the cooldown or skill y will do 100% more or less dmg instead of really testing the impact of that decision as i would like it to be like in eve online... the quality of the balance in the economy of this game really amazed me.

And when you see how much wasted potential this game throws into the bin you can only hope someone with common sense and strategy comes along, take those successful parts of the game and create it into something that finally works, isnt a 24/7 grind with an upgrade system that doesnt offer a progress in many cases but most of the time decreases the value of your items if enhancing fails, isnt pay to win, doesnt destroy a class that players vote to be top tier but enhancing classes that are lower tiers when class mechanics cant be balanced out perfectly at launch.

Please be that kind of developer <3

• Welcome to the community Bink :) Yum cocoa <3
  • Greetings from Oceania and welcome to Ashes of Creation!!!
  • Welcome to the hype train.

• Who you callin a punk??? Us? Oh yeah we totally are. Good eye. Welcome! 
  • Welcome @Bink! I'm surprised Nagash didn't like your OP since you're also a tea drinker. Welcome to the community!
  • Im sure @nagash is off drinking tea with many of his undead obsessions. As much as I respect and admire that kind of crowd, they often ooze or lose a few bits in the tea. 
  • Bink said:
    Im sure @nagash is off drinking tea with many of his undead obsessions. As much as I respect and admire that kind of crowd, they often ooze or lose a few bits in the tea. 
    haha that's why I like bone china the cups are so polite ^^
  • Welcome to Ashes fellow tea drinker!
  • Welcome my boy!!!