Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Base Leather Set

2»

Comments

• Beolupus said:
    I mean sure.. what I'm driving at here is that should we then expect that light/medium/heavy armor will not always be distinguishable from each other. This'd certainly have an impact on PvP if you can't tell what class nor armor your opponent is wearing.
    Your logic fails at the point, where you can apply costumes anyway, so the look won't have any info about the armor type.

• They look great! I hope they make sure their form fitting... and include skimpy options down the line! =p
  • akmaa said:
    Your logic fails at the point, where you can apply costumes anyway, so the look won't have any info about the armor type.

Aye, i did forget about costumes... I hate costimes >.>
  • Beolupus said:
    Atama said:
    Obviously the armor is mostly but not exclusively leather.  Which isn’t unheard of even in history.  Many armors were composites.  And I think it looks cool at least.

The point of leather is to be more protective than regular clothing but less restrictive and heavy than covering yourself head-to-toe in metal chain and plate.  That doesn’t mean you can’t reinforce it in a few places though.
    I mean sure.. what I'm driving at here is that should we then expect that light/medium/heavy armor will not always be distinguishable from each other. This'd certainly have an impact on PvP if you can't tell what class nor armor your opponent is wearing.

If it isn't an plate armor then it shouldn't work as a plate armor.

and for the others, padded armor or gambesons would work much better than lether, would be cheaper than leather , and if your not with a good (very sharp edge depending of the quality of the gambeson) edge you will not do anything than just expose yourself , and you know what ? if you don't have any type of padded armor under your shiny chainmail and plate your still gonna die for blunt force.
  • Armor types should have bonuses and weaknesses. I feel we should base those boons and banes more on what we want to armor to accomplish rather than on what historical armor could accomplish.
    Playabilty and Fantasy should trump realism in a game. This does not mean that there should not be an internal logic to these things but i dont feel that Plate>leather>cloth
  • Xontian said:
    Armor types should have bonuses and weaknesses. I feel we should base those boons and banes more on what we want to armor to accomplish rather than on what historical armor could accomplish.
    Playabilty and Fantasy should trump realism in a game. This does not mean that there should not be an internal logic to these things but i dont feel that Plate>leather>cloth
      Thats bc it is Plate with gambeson> leather.
    I'm fine if they don't put padded armor in the game  but if they do at least they  need to do it right.
  • THIs is .... base leather ... ?!! Hmmmm... it's to "decorative".
    I have to say, i'm a little underwhelmed...
  • Loving it! Athough if i had to be a little nit picky, i'd take out the bright silver and gold metals and replace it with something a little more dull to make me blend in to the surroundings instead of stand out. Armors like those i'd wear inside a node. Outside i like my clothing to be menacing or more camo like.