Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Hidden locations

I've been thinking lately about all of these lost locations and how to go about finding them.

I wonder if IS will take inspiration from real world locations for example; Angkor Wat or the Dead Sea Caves.

If exploring will be your thing, where will you take inspiration on your searches.

Comments

• If past experience is any guide - the edges of the map, and tops of mountains :D

Hope they do a lot with underwater locations too - that would be a nice change.  The girlfriend and I love exploring, so we're really looking forward to running around finding stuff.
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2018

Everywhere.

Hidden locations have always been fun in games. Yeah the internet spoils them but if you don't bother with looking them up, the thrill of discovery remains yours.

• Love the idea.. Heck, six years later I'm still finding locations in Skyrim..
  • Everywhere.

Hidden locations have always been fun in games. Yeah the internet spoils them but if you don't bother with looking them up, the thrill of discovery remains yours.

That
    edited September 2018
    I'd LOVE to see hidden locations being revealed only during certain times. For example, the entrance to a sea-side cave being unveiled as the tide lowers! Hidden locations are the best as they give those of us that love exploration a challenge and it feels more rewarding once you find something. 
  • That's what utility skills, like Mages Detection, Perception and Track are for.
  • I would imagine that node development can also change things
  • Everywhere.

The best bit with exploring in this game is even if people post the locations they find on the internet, because of the node system there is always the possibility of new undiscovered locations becoming accessible as the world shifts.
  • And them adding more to the "spawn table" over time. In the beginning like any new MMOrpg there will be content limited just by the sheer amount of work they have to do to get it out the door. As more time goes by and the monthly small updates and quarterly larger updates goal is achieved you will see more stuff. Everyone talks about dlc and expansions adding more nodes. What they tend to forget it with this system they could add dlc and expansions without ever expanding the map to the point where the node system becomes unsustainable due too few population over too big an area. At launch there may only be 10 different caves and world bosses that have a possibility of spawning if a particular set of prerequisites are met, but in a year there will be 50.
  • The game could also expand downward.. Overrealm, Underrealm, then maybe the Deeprealm...
  • Shoklen said:
    The game could also expand downward.. Overrealm, Underrealm, then maybe the Deeprealm...
    The Underdeeprealm, the Deepunderdeeprealm...  It's realms all the way down!
  • Atama said:
    Shoklen said:
    The game could also expand downward.. Overrealm, Underrealm, then maybe the Deeprealm...
    The Underdeeprealm, the Deepunderdeeprealm...  It's realms all the way down!
    Then the Undercoredeeperthendeeprealm... then the deepest of all.. the Arewethereyetdeeprealm...
  • Any decent MMO has hidden locations.
    have hidden locations that have meaning is what they need to do, if they truly wish to be the best MMO.
    edited September 2018
    Yes! Would be cool to see some hidden locations that requires you to do something like do a hidden quest for a key or use a certain spell to open the entrance. I want to see a secret huge cave in the underrealm with a small city and lake. That would be awesome.
  • I always like to go tomb raiding its nice to see how others decorate their homes
  • Make a secret room inside a volcano so only people with high fire res. get the chance to get inside but even then they have only a few seconds to locate the entrance :3
  • @AutumnLeaf or underwater cave systems with low visibility that lead to a secret lost city
  • Greygoose said:
    @AutumnLeaf or underwater cave systems with low visibility that lead to a secret lost city
    I was trying to come across with an idea that screams 'fuck you, you cant get in' well if people drown in those underwater caves then sign me up.
  • That's the idea, we can't make it all easy
  • Gief The Overlord novel/series easter eggs and The Nazarick-like conquerable dungeons : D People will be digging it. Hell yeah!
  • Dolo said:
    Gief The Overlord novel/series easter eggs and The Nazarick-like conquerable dungeons : D People will be digging it. Hell yeah!
    Nazarick is a nice place aniz does have good taste