Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

content creator options "recruiting people into AOC"

Alternatives i am part of a youtube community Group(staff+friends),  and  Hearing some things that are good. and not so good.  g
good being i am SUPER HYPED about ashes and currently saving  to get the biggest pack i can 

Downside being :neutral:
i was planning to do try and do this a non shady way.  but it seems  that might not be possable, at this point but we still have time befor game is released  but i would very  much like to not have to make people an account for their 1st time pay for it for a month as a gift and then just give the entire account to them.

I was planning to Purchase/sub/Gift/reward. a few people in our group  game time so they can play with us, if they can not afford the game time, themselves   some people have spare cash and some people don't   doing research using paypal and a few other sources that do not involved just giving someone  that you don't know in RL money and just hope they use,  it correctly  on AOC   if we really have to  but would like to avoid Mailing Gift cards to people but thats still like sending money. also  if i pay for another account and they used my AOC link i basically conning  ashes I REALLY don't wanna do that but its like a side effect.

this may  mean  out number dropping from 12 down to  a solid 3-5  (this only involves the inner roup) we not even looking into the thousands of subs who might want to try and win

I know how MMORPG's operate most likely rules will come out against  Real world trading, selling accounts.    or  maybe  for AOC  content creators flagged account and  maybe allow them to Gift stuff being ONLY Game TIME Nothing els.  most people would not have any issue just giving them their account info and would  not even think about it (BAD) if we offered to offer to sub their account for 6 months lol  but feel this  could become an issues if some kind of option does not come up.

Comments

• I know official content creators will eventually get some cosmetics to give away, I don't know if they get game time though.

To register as an official content creator you only need to go to this site and subscribe if you meet the minimum requirements.
    Good luck =)
  • You are not the first to post this, and most likely won't be the last. As Santy said, if you want to have special gifts to give away to your backers, then become a content creator that actually creates content. Intrepid has no gifting for all the right reasons. Any and every step they take that reduces the possibility of RMT through trading in-game currency for people to make outside game store purchases is great. While you may have innocent motives behind your plan, many don't.
  • i see   I HATE  the badies out there that exsist     and just ruin it for EVERYONE  thank you  though this info is like 20% depressing. 
  • i see   I HATE  the badies out there that exsist     and just ruin it for EVERYONE  thank you  though this info is like 20% depressing. 
    We hate you as well  <3
  • I think he meant those bad people that are blocking him from buying gifts for his friends @nagash
  • I think he meant those bad people that are blocking him from buying gifts for his friends @nagash
    Oh ...... well this is awkward 
  • Yeah as a content creator who gives away all the money I make, there being no gifting system in Ashes is going to make things more difficult.

In Archeage it was easy I could buy and give away APEX, however, we know how much that affected the economy.

In Eve PLEX was the same issue, not as much because of that game's economy.

In Steam Games you can give away Steam Cards.

For Ashes, I'm still working out how that is going to happen.  I might just have to do larger giveaways since you can't do low dollar amount visa gift cards and then you end up doing the processing fee.   
  • There might be a way, but if I post it here Steven might read it and do away with it.

You know when you go to the grocery store and look at the gift card rack? Sometimes there are game cards there. If Ashes becomes popular we'll probably see some Ash cards there. 

Another way is you might get lucky. Maybe Ashes will have some kind of promotion when the game starts, like try a month free kind of thing. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime,  everybody gives away a free month these days. If you get lucky, Ashes might do that too.

• There are plenty of alternative ways to "gift play time" to people. Pre-paid visa's are an example.

There will never be a way in Ashes of Creation to gift anyone either play time, cosmetics or anything else in this game. The amount of third party/side deals this would allow is staggering. 
  • sunfrog said:
    There might be a way, but if I post it here Steven might read it and do away with it.

You know when you go to the grocery store and look at the gift card rack? Sometimes there are game cards there. If Ashes becomes popular we'll probably see some Ash cards there. 

Another way is you might get lucky. Maybe Ashes will have some kind of promotion when the game starts, like try a month free kind of thing. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime,  everybody gives away a free month these days. If you get lucky, Ashes might do that too.

They've talked about you playing on a trial server and then if you decide to keep the character you get ported over to a live server.